V1.60 + cb 1.3.1 Is There a Work-Around ?

13 years 4 months ago #151001 by organo
Greetings Folks,

I would very much like to be able to use Joomla V1.6 but of course, currently CB doesn't what to talk to it; at least not on my server.

Can you please advise what steps I should take to get the pair to be friends !

With Thanks,

Mike.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #151003 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: V1.60 + cb 1.3.1 Is There a Work-Around ?
Currently there are known issues with Joomla 1.6.x and CB 1.3.1. We're working to push a new release of CB as soon as possible to resolve all known Joomla 1.6.x issues. Currently the major issue being users can not register or edit themselves through CB as they'll be stored with no Usergroup preventing them from functioning.

If the above does not describe what you're experiencing please provide further details as to what issues you are having and would be glad to investigate. Additionally you can follow our forge at the following link which details known issues as well as their progress.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=1

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #151007 by organo
Thank you.

It is the difficult to say exactly what the problem is let alone know the cause because of course, I AM NEW TO jOOMLA AS A DEVELOPMENT PLATFORM and a novice with CB.

That said, I had CB 1.3.1 working in Joomla build 1.5xxx during the week. Whether or not it was functioing as it should, I am not able to tell.

I have disabled the Joomla login module as instructed and enabled all the REQUIRED CB modules for it to function. Alas there is no sign of CB.

For Example:

If I use the login from the frontend but leaving the fields empty, usually this would bring up the option to register or provide correct user details. But in this case all I appear to have is the basic Joomla login facility ! It looks nothing like the expected response I had when using 1.5.

I think with that in mind, and since I am in an early learning mode as it were, I would learn quicker with Joomla and CB if I revert back to Joomla 1.5, and keep an eye on your Forge.

I am working on a local server so it is an easy thing to just start from the beginning again. Trial and error are my first and last names !!

With Thanks,

Mike.

13 years 4 months ago #151011 by nant
It is probably a good idea to monitor Joomla 1.6 for awhile.
I try to avoid new versions on a production environment.

I for one, will start taking J1.6 seriously when it hits 1.6.4 version - let others find the issues first.

Having said that, we are working on fixing all J1.6 related issues in CB and will release something as quickly as possible.

Also, as a Professional subscriber you will have access to any release candidates before anyone else.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.346 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn