[SOLVED] Profile View Auditing

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #151288 by laptoproadie
[SOLVED] Profile View Auditing was created by laptoproadie
Hi CB Team,

I first want to thank you for the support you've given me in my developmental crisis hour. Without CB we would never make our project on time.

My question is regarding profile auditing. For our site, the CB profiles for each user houses medical data to be used by EMTs to get patient data before they even arrive at the patients house in a 911 call. Because of this, the hospital and EMTs are required to keep track of every instance in which an EMT (or doctor) views a patients profile (medical data) .

I wanted to ask you genius experts if you had any ideas on how to record this kind of data? I was hoping to use CB query, but there is no onProfileView type trigger that would work. There is beforeProfileEdit and afterProfileEdit, but we're not talking about edits.

Any ideas at all would be most appreciated! Even if you've heard of other extensions that might work.

I've tried the j4age stat extension and it almost gives me what I need but unfortunately it doesn't quite do it.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #151400 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Profile View Auditing

but there is no onProfileView type trigger

Certainly not the case. The below trigger is fired directly before profile view.

onBeforeUserProfileDisplay

You also can use the trigger for after profile display as follows if necessary.

onAfterUserProfileDisplay

The best approach is to probably develop a plugin to fit your specific needs. All incubator projects are developed with Generic usage in mind and not specific usages. Below is a tutorial on Trigger usage in a CB plugin, which includes a installable example (that can be edited to fit your needs).

www.allmysocials.com/tutorials/item/228-event-triggers

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #151786 by laptoproadie
Replied by laptoproadie on topic Re: Profile View Auditing
Thanks again Krileon, that list of event triggers is really going to help us out tremendously. As soon as we get good at creating our own plugins and components to work with CB I plan on using CB for years to come. Thanks again to the entire CB team for this wonderful product!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn