[SOLVED] CB Query for connession degree

13 years 1 month ago #157914 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: CB Query for connession degree
Oh, ok. I thought you understood what I meant with "connession" word. With "connession" I mean the "friendship" between users, that in EN language in CB is called "connession", so I request connession to another user to become his/her friend.

Now if you allow in the back-end to show connession path, CB shows the connession path between users and says also which is the degree of connession between them. Now I would just have a field that show this connession degree and not all the connession path.

Not sure if I had been able to explain it... I hope.

Is it possible to do? If yes, how?

Thanks so much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157919 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Query for connession degree
I see, you're wanting to display the connection path between users. Is the Connection Paths tab found in tab management not sufficient? This of course is not rendered on backend. No CB Query Field can not display this. If you need it in a field you can use substitutions, more on substituting Tabs can be found in the below tutorial.

www.allmysocials.com/tutorials/item/236-substituting-tabs-into-fields

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157950 by deltafidesign
I've done what you suggested. But in this way I just can duplicate the connession tab into a field. Now this would be good if it works in the user list, but this field cannot work in the user list 'cause it's syntax: user="#displayed". Also it replicates all the connession path and I just would show the degree (2 degrees,3 degrees etc..).

I think I cannot do anything... maybe I need to build a plugin that do this... right?

13 years 1 month ago #157966 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Query for connession degree
Don't think what you're wanting is what the connections path does. You're going to likely supply your own plugin to provide such a feature. I don't fully understand what you're wanting, as from your description the path tab does exactly that. Perhaps modifying it would be acceptable (see connection plugin).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157970 by deltafidesign
I try to modify the connession path plugin and see what I can do, I'm sure I'll need your help doing this; I'll let you know.

Thanks so much.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn