Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Cbarticles not showing any articles

• rickparks
  • rickparks
13 years 2 weeks ago #162811 by rickparks
Cbarticles not showing any articles was created by rickparks
I am unable to get this plugin to work. It will not show any of the articles I have written. I can't seem to find any documentation on this so any help would be appreciated. Joomla 1.6.1, CB 1.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 weeks ago #162933 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Cbarticles not showing any articles
Please navigate to the plugins backend from plugin management. Once there please see Config and review what model you have selected for it to pull articles from. Please also provide what release of CB Articles you are using and ensure is up to date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• lemaudit
  • lemaudit
12 years 11 months ago #165333 by lemaudit
Replied by lemaudit on topic Re: Cbarticles not showing any articles
I am having the same problem.

CBArticle 1.0.3
CB 1.4

it was working fine for a while and now will not display any articles.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 11 months ago #165398 by krileon
CB Articles does not time bomb. Please check that you've not changed anything. CB Articles does not display unpublished articles. Please also ensure the articles are correctly displaying in Joomla first. Next release will feature numerous fixes from URL construction to access limitations to be more specific to the model (using Joomla 1.6 API for instance for Joomla 1.6 model to protect access to articles).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• lemaudit
  • lemaudit
12 years 11 months ago #165410 by lemaudit
Replied by lemaudit on topic Re: Cbarticles not showing any articles
CB articles apparently also doesn't understand top-level categories in K2.
I was just coming back to add to this thread when I saw that you had responded.
For example, if you have a category "Blog" with no subcategories CB articles will not pick up any of the articles in that top-level category.
It seems that you have to structure your K2 categories in the same way that Joomla! structures its articles in sections and categories.
I had originally had a top-level category named blog and to subcategories by blogger name, blogger 1 blogger 2 and the articles in both of those subcategories showed up fine.
However when I moved all of the articles from the subcategories into the top-level category "blog" the articles in CB articles disappeared.
So it stands to reason that CB articles read the articles and interprets top-level categories as sections.
Hope this helps someone else.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 11 months ago #165415 by krileon

So it stands to reason that CB articles read the articles and interprets top-level categories as sections.

Yes this is how it functions currently, next release will be addressing this issue however.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon