[#2521] [SOLVED]invites now only for users?

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163191 by jojo12
Hi,
is it right, that in the actual version 2.3 you can only invite users for a group?
(Earlier in some testing versions I remember, there was the possibility too to invite foreign persons, with the information that they should first register in (joomla/cb).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #163334 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: invites now only for users?
GJ allows inviting external users assuming you allow users to invite by Email and you've specified a non-registered users email address. It does attempt to see if the email specified already exists on the site and if it does it attempts to send to that already existing user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

12 years 11 months ago #163386 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: invites now only for users?

GJ allows inviting external users assuming you allow users to invite by Email and you've specified a non-registered users email address.

How can I allow users to invite a non-registered user?
I've set configuration in general PMS or Email. When I write in invitation a non-registered address, I get the error "non valid email" (something like that, I get it in german words).

12 years 11 months ago #163463 by krileon
Please provide the exact error (before translation) so I may see where the invite is stopping and be able to better provide a suggested fix.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #163487 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: invites now only for users?
The message in english is:
"Invite failed to send! Error: Invalid invite recipient!"

12 years 11 months ago #163494 by krileon
The means whatever you've provided is not valid. This could mean from backend you do not have email invite support enabled. Please see GJ backend configuration followed by Groups tab and review the Invite parameters ensuring Email is selected in Invite By Please ensure the email address supplied is a valid address. Please also note multiple emails via comma separation is not supported.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn