Skip to Content Skip to Menu

hiding all user fields from profile and list

• ssherwin
  • ssherwin
13 years 3 days ago #164715 by ssherwin
I want to allow users the ability to hide their whole profile from non-registered users so they also don't appear on any lists (with links to the profile). I've managed to allow users to hide tabs individually but the user and his fields still appear on the list (but no profile is visible when the link is clicked). There must be an easy way of doing this (and at profile level rather than tab level?) but I've trawled through the forums and documentation and found nothing. Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 3 days ago #164743 by krileon
Within field management edit your fields that you wish users to be able to control then ensure "User search on this field:" is set to "Exclude private users". This would ensure if the field is searched the user with privacy controls that the viewing user does not meet won't be displayed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ssherwin
  • ssherwin
13 years 2 days ago #164928 by ssherwin
Thanks - I can hide list if you search by private fields. However all I want is for an individual user to choose to be completely invisible to the public both in any list or profile. Hiding the profile only seems possible by individually hiding the tabs. Hiding the list fields only seems to be possible if you display the list via a search. Please could you confirm this?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 days ago #164938 by krileon

Hiding the profile only seems possible by individually hiding the tabs. Hiding the list fields only seems to be possible if you display the list via a search. Please could you confirm this?

This is correct, there's no feature to hide users profiles entirely. You could have a checkbox field that for instance is titled "Hide me?" then set all your userlists to only display users where that field != 1 (checked). This would remove them entirely from the userlist, but it still won't hide their entire profile (you could do this through CB Privacy by hiding the tabs).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon