[SOLVED] Creating CBSubs template

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #164868 by apdt
[SOLVED] Creating CBSubs template was created by apdt
What is the proper way of creating CBSubs template?

I compared the XML file of the default & rounded template and there seems to be file structure difference between them. I don't want to use rounded as the base because I only need to change a little bit (margin, padding, etc) from the default template.

Can I just copy the default template folder, make changes, zip and install through CB Plugin Management?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #164906 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Creating CBSubs template
If wanting to just change margin or padding there's no need to alter the XMLs (they don't handle this at any rate), but instead simply add the CSS to the bottom of your Joomla or CB template CSS file (or CBSubs template CSS file, whichever you decide). If you could provide a screenshot of how you're wanting changes applied as well as link to your live site (can be through PM) would be glad to suggest some CSS changes for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #164971 by apdt
Replied by apdt on topic Re: Creating CBSubs template
Since CB support custom template, I can just put CSS to modify CBSubs there as well?

I don't like editing any of original/core files because it's easy to forget which files have been modified during upgrade. At least I can copy/save the custom CB template folder for backup purpose.

12 years 11 months ago #165013 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Creating CBSubs template

Since CB support custom template, I can just put CSS to modify CBSubs there as well?

Yes, as instructed in my previous post you can place the custom CSS in your Joomla, CB, or CBSubs template CSS file. This depends on how your CSS selectors are built. If not built correctly your CSS could get overridden.

I don't like editing any of original/core files because it's easy to forget which files have been modified during upgrade. At least I can copy/save the custom CB template folder for backup purpose.

I recommend adding to your Joomla template CSS file as it's less likely to change over time (generally once a stable template is installed it is rarely re-visited).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #165026 by apdt
Replied by apdt on topic Re: Creating CBSubs template
Noted and thanks!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn