CBSubs issues

12 years 11 months ago #165245 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CBSubs issues

dododo wrote:

5. Is there a mechanism in CBSubs that provides users the ability to input coupon/discount code before payment?

Not yet, but there will be with next release; is in internal testing phases now.

Could I have 2 prices or more for the same membership, each price applies to some specific users ?

How could I offer a discount to someone… except all of users?

With new Smart Promotions plugin currently in testing to be released with CBSubs 1.2 you can have different discounts for different users.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dododo
The topic has been locked.
12 years 11 months ago #165251 by dododo
12 years 11 months ago #165258 by dododo
Replied by dododo on topic Re: CBSubs issues

6. Upgrading: how could I let the users just upgrade to the subs-plan that in the same main plan, not on the other main plans.
Expl:
user subscribe to Teacher subscriptions\6-month plan , I want him to upgrade to greater plan in that Teacher subscriptions, NOT something like Principal subscriptions\12-month...

Set your child plans of the parent plan to exclusive and to allow upgrades. User could then upgrade at any point in time. A user can not subscribe to a child plan of another parent plan without first being subscribed to that parent plan. To disable upgrading to parent plans simply disable allowing upgrades for those parent plans.

I did so and: if the user didNOT subscribe the parent subscription and subscribed only to the child subs, he would not see the other upgrade of same level subs. (I set all the parent subs upgradable option to No)

How could I just let the user pay for a child subs only and still be able to upgrade to other childs (same parent, higher price)?
12 years 11 months ago #165286 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs issues

I did so and: if the user didNOT subscribe the parent subscription and subscribed only to the child subs, he would not see the other upgrade of same level subs. (I set all the parent subs upgradable option to No)

It's IMPOSSIBLE to subscribe to ONLY the children plans. You MUST have an active parent subscription in order to obtain a subscription to any of its children plans. Please see the below example structure

Plan 1 (Parent, $10, Exclusive, no-Upgrade)
-Plan 1a (Child, $5, Exclusive, Upgrade)
-Plan 1b (Child, $10, Exclusive, Upgrade)
-Plan 1c (Child, $15, Exclusive, Upgrade)
Plan 2 (Parent, $10, Exclusive, no-Upgrade)
-Plan 2a (Child, $5, Exclusive, Upgrade)
-Plan 2b (Child, $10, Exclusive, Upgrade)
-Plan 2c (Child, $15, Exclusive, Upgrade)

The prices are subjective and just for example. They show that child plans must be progressive if you want progressive upgrading. Otherwise just set them as non-Exclusive and a use could have any combination of children plans inside of a parent.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dododo
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #165347 by dododo
Replied by dododo on topic Re: CBSubs issues
Thanks,
plz answer my 2 other posts: #165140 #165147
12 years 11 months ago #165355 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CBSubs issues
Locking this thread since its been addressed.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds