CB_Connect

12 years 11 months ago #165129 by tto
CB_Connect was created by tto
Hello,

As I understand, and tried:

If you have an account on joomla, you should login first to joomla then signin to FB using cb_connect to link both accounts.

But if you select to sign in using FB without login to joomla first, then cb_connect will create a new account for you on joomla.

And this is making problems and users are getting confused.

Is it possible to display a menu when a user select to signin with FB and he is not loged in joomla asking if he have an account on the site that he would like to link to Facebook or twitter, or he is a new user and would like to create a new account on joomla using FB, Twitter or Google information.

Thanks,

Regards,

Tariq

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #165279 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB_Connect

If you have an account on joomla, you should login first to joomla then signin to FB using cb_connect to link both accounts.

Correct.

But if you select to sign in using FB without login to joomla first, then cb_connect will create a new account for you on joomla.

Correct.

Is it possible to display a menu when a user select to signin with FB and he is not loged in joomla asking if he have an account on the site that he would like to link to Facebook or twitter, or he is a new user and would like to create a new account on joomla using FB, Twitter or Google information.

No, the buttons are disabled DIRECTLY below the login fields and login button to login normally; there should be absolutely no confusion concerning that. If they've an existing account they should login. You're welcome to add pre-login or pre-logout messages to the login module from the modules parameters providing instructions if necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #165336 by tto
Replied by tto on topic Re: CB_Connect
Hi Krileon,

I think something like this will be more clear to users.

I hope it can be added to next release of cb_connect if possible.

Regards,

Tariq
Attachments:

12 years 11 months ago #165400 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB_Connect
There are currently no plans to implement such usage; as stated earlier the button is directly in the login module. The above is already implied because of that. If the button was separate from the login module I could see the necessity of such a dialog. The language strings associated with CB Connect can be adjusted through CB language plugins to provide better context if necessary. In addition to this you can provide instructions directly in the module using the modules parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds