[SOLVED] Remove links on Profile Book - Wall

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #166219 by clickmo
I have setup the CB Profile book and enabled the wall tab. There are a number of features that I would like to remove though. The major one being the ability to email the poster. I can't find anywhere where it even says "Send Email" in the component.

Another thing I'm trying to do is disable the owner of the wall from un-publishing and deleting posts. This is because I am using the wall as a comments / review section.

Assistance as to what functions I should alter would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently poking around in cb_profilebook.php and am making very slow progress.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #166229 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Remove links on Profile Book - Wall

I have setup the CB Profile book and enabled the wall tab. There are a number of features that I would like to remove though. The major one being the ability to email the poster. I can't find anywhere where it even says "Send Email" in the component.

Remove display of the email address or disable notifications sent to profile owner regarding new posts? To remove display please edit the ProfileBook Wall tab in Tab Management and set "Show email:" to "No" under "Extra fields". To disable notifications I believe you need to disable the "cb_pb_notifyme_wall" field from Field Management.

Another thing I'm trying to do is disable the owner of the wall from un-publishing and deleting posts. This is because I am using the wall as a comments / review section.

As far as I am aware you can't disable these features without editing the core the plugin.

Assistance as to what functions I should alter would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently poking around in cb_profilebook.php and am making very slow progress.

Unfortunately I can not advise you on core edits; we do not support them. Typically if you need a specific integration it should be developed to do exactly as you're wanting or reviewing potential alternatives.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: clickmo

12 years 11 months ago #166242 by clickmo
Replied by clickmo on topic Re: Remove links on Profile Book - Wall
I tried setting Show Email to "No" but the post still has the send email option assigned to it. Should it not go away?

Attachments:

12 years 11 months ago #166255 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Remove links on Profile Book - Wall
I see, reviewing source I see no way of removing the email unfortunately. You'll need to locate the variable "$pEmail" within the source and remove its display. Please see the below edit.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilebook/cb.profilebook.php
ON: Line 742
					$return			.=	"\n\t\t<td style=\"overflow:hidden;\" valign=\"top\"><b>" . $pname . '</b>' . $pEmail . $pLocation . $URL . $ip . $pimg . '</td>';
TO:
					$return			.=	"\n\t\t<td style=\"overflow:hidden;\" valign=\"top\"><b>" . $pname . '</b>' . $pLocation . $URL . $ip . $pimg . '</td>';

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: clickmo

12 years 11 months ago #166258 by clickmo
Thank's. I thought of this as well and tried it but for some reason it stays there. I believe that it has something to do with the insert into the database because when I manually removed the email from the table, the option was removed.

I figure if I can track down the insert statement I can remove the email entry to jos_comprofiler_plug_profilebook.

12 years 11 months ago #166281 by clickmo
Figured it out We where in the wrong folder. So it was not being used. Thanks for all the help

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 4.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn