Problem uploading / displaying in profile field

12 years 10 months ago #166483 by onlinebbp
Hi there JoomlaPolis,

I got a strange problem.. And I saw some similar things on the board, but not what I am experiencing..

The thing I want to use this plugin is for a project where we have people creating profiles + HAVE TO UPLOAD A "CASE". A file of a project wich will be judged by a couple of Jury members..

So a Jury has to check a profile of a user, and then click on the uploaded file, where the file should be visible as a link or icon. And that's what is not working, I cannot see any files.. And plugin "crashes/freezes".

- I installed the plugin, went great
- I published the plugin, also went good
- I Put in a fieldtype File and put it in a Tab - went good
- Then I went to frontend, and upload a file. I got a message: Data proccessed (or something, It's in Dutch language :)

- Then I logged out, logged in as a JURY member.. And there I cannot see a file.. I just see a TAB, but no pluging and no "click here to edit" or anything..

If I switch from browser: Chrome to IE, I then can upload again a file, but also only ONCE.. After that the plugin isn't showing anymore in the profile field/tab.

If I look on the filebrowser, no file or directory was ever uploaded.. But the really irritating part is.. I DONT get any errors :(

Hope You can help me.. Just bought a Premium account, and no happy thoughts yet :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166600 by krileon
Please ensure you're on the latest version of your Joomla release, CB 1.4, and latest release of the File fieldtype plugin. How are you trying to upload a file? Profile edit? Profile view? Please be more specific as to what the message is (untranslated please; review default English language files for original message).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166824 by onlinebbp
Hi Krileon,

I have latest version, just downloaded and installed everything last week. I am uploading from the profile edit. The message is just:

What I do see now is that when Editing profile, I don't get the SAVE button wich I see when previewing my profile.. So I am clicking on UPDATE, when uploading a file.

12 years 10 months ago #166872 by krileon
Right, when editing your profile there's an update button at the bottom left. You're updating the entire profile at once. The ajax feature of the field field only works in profile display, it does nothing in profile edit. To upload a file in profile edit simply use it like you would an image field and select the file option from the drop down, select the file, and update your profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166940 by onlinebbp
Yes that's what I did and explained in my first post. The problem still exists that I don't have a file in my profile, and if another user wants to upload the whole plugin doesn't load...

I will post some screenshots today, to clarify the problem :)

12 years 10 months ago #167001 by krileon
Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn