How to properly unistall all and start over?

12 years 10 months ago #166721 by SEO89
After grabbing all of the files and installing them, I also installed the professional (archive file RC2) and had many issues. After speaking with Nick from support on saturday, I told him I would unistall and reinstall only the items in the advanced member area since he said they were stable. I did that this morning.

However, it seems to have held many settings from the first bothced install and things are worse.

What are the steps to cleanly get rid of it all and start over with just the advanced area downloads?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166754 by krileon
You mean to start over with a CB install? You need to first uninstall then once done navigate to your database using something like phpmyadmin and manually drop the comprofiler tables. CB does not clean up its database tables to prevent accidental data loss or allow re-install upgrades without data loss.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166807 by SEO89
That worked. One last question so I don't duplicate the issue again. As a professional member, I thought you went to the pro area and downloaded what I now see as an archive file (RC2 candidate). My problems began there. I was told I should only install from the advanced area and use the pro area for the incubator products. Is that correct?

So, I should just install the: Keep in mind I'm a Joomla 1.5 install.

From CB Free Area
1. CB 1.4 package with comprofiler, login,moderator and online
2. CB admin Menu Nav
**not sure if I need the cb_expert_filesonly_1.5.tar or the m_4_j_1.0.tar
From CB Advanced Area
1. Ajax File Fieldtype
2. Ajax File Fieldtype
3. Auto Welcome
4. Captchas
5. Content Module (claims it's only for joomla 1.0)
6. Facebook
7. Groupjive
8. Latest View
9. Privacy
10. ProfileBook
11. Profile gallery
12. Rating
13. Twitter

12 years 10 months ago #166867 by krileon

Is that correct?

To an extent; we sometimes release RC to professional subscribers to test an upcoming CB build. You just so happened to download an archived build, which should never be used unless intentionally rolling back.

So, I should just install the: Keep in mind I'm a Joomla 1.5 install.

You can install whatever you like; just be mindful of what you're installing before doing so.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166915 by SEO89
Thanks...it's just hard to know what works and what doesn't work on this product. That's why I ask. Today, I read a post to go to the incubator project and get a fb redirect product to fix another of my fb problems. Why doesn't the base product have a redirect built in like the base cblogin? Out of the box, I can say some of this doesn't work. So, an untested incubator project seems like punishment to me.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #166937 by nant

SEO89 wrote: Thanks...it's just hard to know what works and what doesn't work on this product. That's why I ask. Today, I read a post to go to the incubator project and get a fb redirect product to fix another of my fb problems. Why doesn't the base product have a redirect built in like the base cblogin? Out of the box, I can say some of this doesn't work. So, an untested incubator project seems like punishment to me.

Please PM me backend access (with superadmin account) and I will take a look.

Please be specific when saying something doesn't work.

Suggestion: to eliminate the case that perhaps some other 3PD extension is causing you issues, please use default Joomla template and install CB on the site and see what is not working.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn