[SOLVED] Customize connections output

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #166758 by userbk
Hey guys,

I'm using Profile Pro which lets me place CB fields anywhere I wish on the user profile.

I would like to customize the appearance of the user's connections if possible.

The illustration attached will give you an idea what direction I want to take it.

As for HOW to do it, here are some questions:

* Is there a way I can group connection types into tabs?
* If I can, is there a way to customize its look?

* Say I want to have a group "assistants" show only the avatar of the connected users belonging to that group, how would I do that?

* Is there a way to put the name of the connected user on the right of the avatar, certain fields under that name and the comment on the right of that? as in the illustration?

If I did do that, what php file will I be editing?

Some guidelines will be really appreciated,

Thanks,
bk
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166878 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Customize connections output

* Is there a way I can group connection types into tabs?

Unfortunately no, not without editing and rewriting the plugin to do just that. Another option is to use jQuery to redo the display of the connections, but this would be purely client side and not reliable. Can't recall if connections has a trigger for altering its display.

If I did do that, what php file will I be editing?

cb.connections.php, beyond this I can't help any further as we've no support for core edits.

The better approach would be to write a new CB plugin that displays connections. Moving CB Connections to a not show on profile tab so the connections system would still function.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166880 by userbk
Replied by userbk on topic Re: Customize connections output
Cool, thanks K. I'll get it done some day.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn