empty "forumposts" field?

12 years 10 months ago #166819 by cbrace
empty "forumposts" field? was created by cbrace
Hi,

Using the forum integration plugin, I am in the process of creating an custom sidebar for Kunena using various CB fields.

For some reason, I am not getting the number of forum posts to display. I am using this code, from the sample code the plugin itself displays:
<li class="kpost-userposts">Posts: [cb:userfield field="forumposts"/]</li>
I realize that this is a field which first needs to be published. In Field Manager, I publish "forumposts" on a profile tab, but it appears empty, just a dash.

If I temporarily revert to the basic default Kunena mode in the plugin, the default Kuena sidebar reappears and displays the number of posts correctly, so that data is somewhere.

According to the PDF:

This predefined field will be populated with the total number of forum posts when forum plugin is published and forum compatible component has been installed and integrated with CB.

It would seem this field is not being populated with data as its supposed to. Any ideas what might be going on here?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166871 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: empty "forumposts" field?
When switching to basic does it display within CB it self or just in the sidebar? If it's always displaying within CB as a dash then something is configured incorrectly resulting in the API ignoring the posts count. This could be due to forum posts display being disabled in CB and/or Kunena that'd result in no results.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.450 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn