No Connection Established

12 years 10 months ago #166889 by johnlanglois
No Connection Established was created by johnlanglois
Your notes say "The Connections Tab is empty because you have no current connections. In order to connect to someone you first need to locate the other person's profile and visit it. You can use the CB Lists user menu item and find someone you like and click on the list line to get to the users profile. You can then Connection->Request Connection menu item (located on the top of the profile you are viewing) in order to request to connect to this person. You are also allowed to send a personal request. Once the other person accepts the request you will be connected and your Connections Tab will reflect this."

When I pursue a member's profile from the member list at www.r-gen.net it takes me to the profile page.
The connections tab is there, but does not offer a "Connection->Request Connection" menu.

Where is it?
I am using SuperMessenger from Axxis, SuperGroups and SuperActivity.

Also, if members have traded emails, shouldn't the system automatically know they have a connection?
Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166910 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: No Connection Established
The menu link to request a connect is on the CB Menu. This menu should be directly above the user. Please navigate to my profile here at Joomlapolis (click my avatar) and you'll see "Connections" on the menu where you can request a connection. If using any of our templates you'll want to display the menu using the CB Content module (our templates document this within their documentations).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166918 by johnlanglois
Replied by johnlanglois on topic Re: No Connection Established
Thank you.
I had to correct the code pasted into the mod_cbcontent module.

I have noticed that the behavior of the links within that module is contingent upon the context in which it is called. For example, "Request Connection" only appears if I have first visited the User List and selected a particular user.

Would there be any harm in putting the "Edit Your Details" and the CB Profile link in the mod_cbcontent module? It seems redundant to have a user menu module that essentially does the same thing.

12 years 10 months ago #166993 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: No Connection Established

I have noticed that the behavior of the links within that module is contingent upon the context in which it is called. For example, "Request Connection" only appears if I have first visited the User List and selected a particular user.

Correct, you can't request a connection with a user unless you're on another users profile.

Would there be any harm in putting the "Edit Your Details" and the CB Profile link in the mod_cbcontent module? It seems redundant to have a user menu module that essentially does the same thing.

The CB Menu already adds links for those 2 actions. There should be no need to add them. Simply click "View Your Profile" or "Update Your Profile".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.968 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn