Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Multiple Terms and Conditions on one registration?

• jsrunder
  • jsrunder
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167043 by jsrunder
Hello...

I have need for registrants to agree to three separate policies. How would I add more than one to the registration form?

Example:

1. I agree to Standards of Operation. 'check box'

2. I agree to Volunteer Policy. 'check box'

3. I agree to By-Laws. 'check box'

I would also need to know how to change the 'label/link' title from 'Terms and Conditions' to the 'label/link' titles in the three examples above.

Lastly, is it possible to make the agreements/document/articles that are linked to open in a pop-up? If so, tips on how?

Thank you much in advance!! :-)

J
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 11 months ago #167091 by krileon
Best approach is to create 3 required multi-checkbox fields with only 1 value. You can use HTML in the valid so it could be a URL, etc.. You could also have them as language strings to make them translatable as well as easier to supply the value string. Examples as follows.

Field 1
Type: Multi-checkbox
Name: cb_tos1
Title: _TOS1_TITLE
Value: _TOS1_VALUE
Required: Yes

Field 2
Name: cb_tos2
Title: _TOS2_TITLE
Value: _TOS2_VALUE

Field 3
Name: cb_tos3
Title: _TOS3_TITLE
Value: _TOS3_VALUE

Language Plugin Defines
define( '_TOS1_TITLE', 'Terms and Conditions' );
define( '_TOS1_VALUE', 'I agree to Standards of Operation' );
define( '_TOS2_TITLE', 'Terms and Conditions' );
define( '_TOS2_VALUE', 'I agree to Volunteer Policy' );
define( '_TOS3_TITLE', 'Terms and Conditions' );
define( '_TOS3_VALUE', 'I agree to By-Laws' );

This is just an example of 1 way to go about it. CB has no built in feature for multiple terms and conditions checkboxes. Typically all your terms should be on a single, index, and well formatted page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jsrunder
  • jsrunder
12 years 10 months ago #167722 by jsrunder
Krileon!

Excellent! Thank you. The solution worked perfectly for creating the multiple agreements.

I have not tried the language file approach. If I were to, how would I find which language file to use?

Call this one SOLVED!

Thank you...

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #167771 by krileon

I have not tried the language file approach. If I were to, how would I find which language file to use?

Completely up to you. If you use DEFINEs like I showed earlier then you'd use the main language file. If you used strings for the titltes and values then you'd use the cbteamsplugin language file. Language file usage is highlighted within your documentation (including locations).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon