is it possible to duplicate cb-login module?

12 years 10 months ago #167102 by ensof
Hi there,
I have a somewhat strange question: for a website i'm doing i need to have 2 kinds of logins: one for teachers and the other for students. I need in each one of them extra fields that do not appear in the standard joomla login. i was wondering if i could define all the fields i need in the cb fields and in some way duplicate the cb login module and to have it show some fields in one module and others in the other.
i know this is complicated but will really appreciate your help!
thanks a lot!
nils

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #167116 by krileon
CB login is not customizable with new fields. It only displays username/password fields or anything else provided by an integration. You can make as many CB Login modules within Joomla as you want, but they'll all act more or less the same.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #167122 by ensof
if I would add some fields to the joomla login table, would they also appear in the cb login?
if not I could do that...
thanks a lot!
nils

12 years 10 months ago #167166 by krileon
No, you can't add fields to the login module; there's no feature for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #168740 by railer
Hi,

I need to create a duplicate CB Login module and instead of checking for a user's Username and Password, I need it to check two other fields in the user's account: District Number and a Vendorcode. How can I customize the mod_cblogin.php file to make this owrk. Getting the district number to match the vendercode entered allow the user to loging. A non-match would give an error meaage. All members are preloaded into the database.

Thanks,
railer

12 years 9 months ago #168743 by krileon
You can't, all login modules will use the same code. When creating multiple copies in module manager it is not duplicating its code or anything of the sort. It's probably best to create a new CB integration that checks fields respectively after, before, or during the login process. This can be done using triggers in a CB plugin. Please see the below tutorial regarding trigger usage and working installable example.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/228-event-triggers

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn