Change Password will not validate

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167486 by ncpac
Change Password will not validate was created by ncpac
First some background. I first created this site at the domain name heldlogic.net.
this was the creation location with cb installed and with registration key applied. then I used Akeeba Backup to move the site with their Kickstart system. Moves sites beautifully. The password entry error started after I moved the site. So I just set cb to create random passwords on registration. then the user could change the password later.
That worked until today.
Ive add an edit user profile from Joomla's USER MANAGER menu link and changing the password from that works. I believe it has something to do with how validation works in the CB EDIT Profile.

List of Components I have installed are:
Kunena Forums
CB
Admin Tool (Akeeba)
uddeIM
Art Adminer
Phoca Gallery
Akeeba Backup
Payment Form (joomdonation)
ACYMailing (enterprise)
p8pbb Bridge
Phoca Downloads
JCE Administration
Fox Contact
CBJuice2

There is an empty pop-up with an ok button and if clicked returns to the edit profile page with the addition statement that the passwords did not match.

the configuration is any character and min length of 6
those are the stipulations.

I did reinstall the login module to see it it was that but no change.
if need be could I just do a reinstall of the CB Component over the current install without losing my custom fields?
This may be the easiest way to resolve the problem.
most likely due to the move from on host to another.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #167563 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Change Password will not validate

if need be could I just do a reinstall of the CB Component over the current install without losing my custom fields?

Yes, please do so using CB 1.4. Once done run through all of CBs tools and perform any fixes it suggests (don't perform sample data). Not sure what the cause is. I know earlier versions of Akeeba would cause some issues with fields as it translated #__ references to jos_, but this has sense been fixed in latest releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167686 by ncpac
Replied by ncpac on topic Re: Change Password will not validate
I did reinstall the 1.4 version on the site. That did not resolve the password authentication problem. It still says password mismatch. Please let me know what to do next. also in my first post I forgot to state that this is a Joomla 1.6.x (1.6.3). I needed this version for the ACL functionality.

Thank you for your quick response yesterday.

attached are two image screen-shots one with pop-up alert the other is after the alert has been interacted with.
Attachments:

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167689 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re: Change Password will not validate
Have you followed the Help Us Help You? For instance, does your instalation use core hacks to Joomla or CB? Have you tried with a default template? etc.

:)

Jamie (Rapunzl)

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167697 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Change Password will not validate

also in my first post I forgot to state that this is a Joomla 1.6.x (1.6.3). I needed this version for the ACL functionality.

This could be the problem. We're still working through Joomla 1.6 related bugs. Please review the below forge link regarding solved and pending resolution J1.6 issues as well as patch fixes.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=1

I could not duplicate your issue however. Please check within your browser error log while trying to save a profile as there's likely a fatal JS error present causing the validation to fail.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167709 by ncpac
Replied by ncpac on topic Re: Change Password will not validate
I have attached a firefox firebug javascript of the action during the pop-up and
the error it listed was as below:

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'background-image'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: www.ncpac.org/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/template.css
Line: 134

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'background-image'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: www.ncpac.org/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/template.css
Line: 155

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) [nsIRequest.name]" nsresult: "0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)" location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/components/nsLoginManager.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 293" data: no]
Source File: resource://gre/components/nsLoginManager.js
Line: 293

the above error is Mozilla Firefox saved password and username it does not have any bearing on this problem because the problem is also on IE9

Attached are the files that it refers to in the errors (zipped in a single zip flie)
and the other zip file is the view javascript that firebug created in a complete html

Thank you Kyle
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn