Skip to Content Skip to Menu

send reg info to email based on reg field select?

• jsrunder
  • jsrunder
12 years 10 months ago #167725 by jsrunder
Hello...

I have a multiple step registration page. I'm using CBSubs and CB Conditional and a few other sweet tools. :woohoo:

On the 'Volunteer Interests' part of the form there are thirteen options to select from. This allows Department Managers to see which users are interested in their department and can follow up.

I plan to have an upgrade option on their profile pages based on these selections so users can initiate upgrade. But managers want something different, rather they want to initiate contact.

Is it possible to do this: (if so....how?)

- A new registrant fills out the reg form, and selects three of the thirteen interests/skills options.

- Upon clicking the Register button, can an email be sent to, say, a Department Manager's email address or person's profile?

So, if I select 'Team Organizer' for an Interest, once I click Register, an email will go off to the Team Organizers Department Manager with some sort of a link or notice to the profile of the interested new user?

Thank you! And thank you, Joomlapolis folks, for such great software and great support!

J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rapunzl
  • Rapunzl
12 years 10 months ago #167730 by Rapunzl
Have you tried the CB Email plugin available to Professional Members in the Incubator area?

:)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• jsrunder
  • jsrunder
12 years 10 months ago #167815 by jsrunder
Thanks!

No, I haven't tried it yet. Saw it in there and didn't make the value connection in this regard.

Gonna give it a shot. Looks like the perfect tool for the need.

Cheers....

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #167950 by krileon

I plan to have an upgrade option on their profile pages based on these selections so users can initiate upgrade. But managers want something different, rather they want to initiate contact.

Yes, using CBSubs 1.2 you can conditionally display Plans based off fields or other plans from the Workflows tab.

So, if I select 'Team Organizer' for an Interest, once I click Register, an email will go off to the Team Organizers Department Manager with some sort of a link or notice to the profile of the interested new user?

Yes, as Rapunzl has stated CB Emails will do the trick. Simply specify the after registration trigger as the email trigger and configure the email as necessary. Substitutions are support so you can use things like [username] and much more. Please see tutorials within my signature for further substitution usage information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon