Hide loadposition modules of article with CBsubs

12 years 9 months ago #168803 by vipzeus
As subject i need to hide modules of my home page content.
I have a home page article content with

loadposition module1
loadposition module2
loadposition module3

And i have 3 cbsubs plans where:

Plan1 must show module1
Plan2 must show module2
Plan3 must show module3

My configuration is correct because i use the same way for loadposition module in module and works properly.

The problem is the home page show all modules without hide the protects modules.

My question is CBSubs can work for content as work for modules?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #168824 by krileon
As far as I am aware CBSubs can't hide modules placed inside of articles using the loadposition method as it uses different Joomla API to accomplish. Best approach is to probably use incubator project CB Content Bot so you can use substitutions. Then store what subscription a user has to a field using CBSubs Fields. Once done use IF substitutions to show/hide different modules based off that field populated by CBSubs. More on substitution usage can be found at the below URL.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vipzeus

12 years 9 months ago #168827 by vipzeus
Yes, i have allready seen that, but its complicate for me as i have many modules to create.

Is it a solution to use at my mycommunity template the positions user3,4,5,6 visible only at home (empty article) used module in module protected by CB Subs?

I have to try...:unsure: must be great if can...

12 years 9 months ago #168833 by krileon
The IF substitution solution is the best approach given you want the modules inside of an article. Is much less complicated then altering your template. Not sure what more to advise, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn