Use CB subs to give users permissions

12 years 9 months ago #168977 by mgranocchia
Use CB subs to give users permissions was created by mgranocchia
I need to do the following:

-users in my community must not be able to view each other's profiles, unless they are premium members (subscribers with CBsubs)
-users in my community must not be able to write to each other, even if they can see a profile (suggested by an automatic system) unless they are premium members

Given this:
-how much of this can be done with CBsubs?
-where do i have to place my custom code to prevent users from writing each other (or similar functions)
-does CBsubs add an user group to joomla?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #168995 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Use CB subs to give users permissions

-users in my community must not be able to view each other's profiles, unless they are premium members (subscribers with CBsubs)

This can be done to an extent by hiding various fields or tabs based off subscription, but hiding entire profiles is not possible (unless you protect all tabs I suppose).

-users in my community must not be able to write to each other, even if they can see a profile (suggested by an automatic system) unless they are premium members

If using a PMS such as UddeIM this could certainly be done by protecting the UddeIM extension via your plans.

-how much of this can be done with CBsubs?

All of it to an extent.

-where do i have to place my custom code to prevent users from writing each other (or similar functions)

No custom code needed.

-does CBsubs add an user group to joomla?

Yes, on J1.5; currently there is a bug regarding this on J1.6.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgranocchia

12 years 9 months ago #169004 by nant

mgranocchia wrote: -does CBsubs add an user group to joomla?

Thanks in advance.

My answer to this question is that CBSubs does not need to create or add users to Joomla user groups - it has its own built in ACL system.

12 years 9 months ago #169036 by mgranocchia
Replied by mgranocchia on topic Re: Use CB subs to give users permissions

krileon wrote:

This can be done to an extent by hiding various fields or tabs based off subscription, but hiding entire profiles is not possible (unless you protect all tabs I suppose).

Hiding some tabs will be enough, thank you.

Just another question:

i created an user suggestion module, which adds records with the user-id and the suggested user-id in a table.
users (even subscribers) must not be able to see a profile (not even a part) unless there's a record in the suggestions table with his user-id and the user-id of the profile he's trying to see.

This time i think i'll need some coding.
Where do i place my custom code?

12 years 9 months ago #169074 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Use CB subs to give users permissions

i created an user suggestion module, which adds records with the user-id and the suggested user-id in a table.
users (even subscribers) must not be able to see a profile (not even a part) unless there's a record in the suggestions table with his user-id and the user-id of the profile he's trying to see.

This is not something CB or frankly any of our integrations can do. You'd need to develop a custom integration using triggers to check your database before profile visibility and redirect if needed. Please see the below tutorial regarding trigger usage.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/228-event-triggers

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.435 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn