[SOLVED] user fields and tabs possibilities

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #169663 by diogotu
Hi,

I will do three questions about the same subject

1 - Fields

I would like to know how can i configure a field, "fields delimiter" , for be visible only for the owner of profile and when he is looged in, is that possible?

2 - Subscription Tab

Is possible to have a tab with just 3 lines?
field 1 - planimage (ok i know how to do that)
field 2 - validity period
field 3 - renew buttom

3 - Tabs

Is possible to hide some tabs from the "user profile edit" page, for example: i would like to hide: the "profile gallery tab" and other specific tabs...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #169695 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: user fields and tabs possibilities

I would like to know how can i configure a field, "fields delimiter" , for be visible only for the owner of profile and when he is looged in, is that possible?

It's possible to configure the contents of the delimiter field, yes, but it's not possible to configure the field it self as you're wanting. Using IF substitutions you can configure the contents to be conditional. Please review the below substitution tutorial.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Is possible to have a tab with just 3 lines?
field 1 - planimage (ok i know how to do that)
field 2 - validity period
field 3 - renew buttom

No, the validity period and renew button are generated internally within CBSubs. Plan image is certainly possible though using the plans image fieldtype.

Is possible to hide some tabs from the "user profile edit" page, for example: i would like to hide: the "profile gallery tab" and other specific tabs...

Yes, with CB Privacy installed you can configure the tabs from tab management not to have an edit profile display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #169972 by diogotu
Replied by diogotu on topic Re: user fields and tabs possibilities

Yes, with CB Privacy installed you can configure the tabs from tab management not to have an edit profile display.

Nice Worked perfect

No, the validity period and renew button are generated internally within CBSubs. Plan image is certainly possible though using the plans image fieldtype.

That would be a sugestion, for example i would like to have in each user proflie, not the big roundet template, with all information about the plan... but small and elegant remider tab, for example:

only for owner

plan image
valid until 12/12/2012
renew

It's possible to configure the contents of the delimiter field, yes, but it's not possible to configure the field it self as you're wanting.

thanks for the tutorial, i was trying to do some links close to the tabs or field like that:

Field 1 - Click here to edit
Field 2 - Click here to edit

That links going to edit profile page, just to make easier for user, as i'm using some ajax field...

Is any way to do that?

12 years 9 months ago #170015 by krileon

That would be a sugestion, for example i would like to have in each user proflie, not the big roundet template, with all information about the plan... but small and elegant remider tab, for example:

only for owner

plan image
valid until 12/12/2012
renew

I see, you could use incubator project CB Query Field which outputs the result of a database select query to query for the expiration date then display that field query field below the plan image field. You'd need to query the _cbsubs_subscriptions table. Please review the database table directly for better understanding on how to structure your query.

thanks for the tutorial, i was trying to do some links close to the tabs or field like that:

Field 1 - Click here to edit
Field 2 - Click here to edit

That links going to edit profile page, just to make easier for user, as i'm using some ajax field...

Is any way to do that?

Only way to do that is through a delimiter field. Example as follows.
[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /][cb:if user_id="myid"] - <a href="[cb:url location="profile_edit" /]">Click here to edit</a>[/cb:if]

Replace FIELD_NAME with the actual name of your field (e.g. cb_field1). The IF statement makes sure the link only shows to the profile owner himself.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #170070 by diogotu
Replied by diogotu on topic Re: user fields and tabs possibilities

Only way to do that is through a delimiter field. Example as follows.

Great, worked perfect! but i did a little change
[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /][cb:if user_id="myid"] - <a href="url location="profile_edit">Click here to edit</a>[/cb:if]

CB Query Field

That looks a nice solution, but i'm not familiar with query yet... i will look for some tutorials later :)

thanks again!

12 years 9 months ago #170095 by krileon

That looks a nice solution, but i'm not familiar with query yet... i will look for some tutorials later

I've several great third party tutorials and documentation linked directly on my personal site below.

www.allmysocials.com/

Simply look to the right under tutorials and manuals.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: diogotu

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn