Using CBSubs for subscription services

12 years 9 months ago #169678 by LindaGLS
Using CBSubs for subscription services was created by LindaGLS
We are using CBSubs to manage our subscribers, however, our subscriptions are for a service, not access to special sections of our website. We provide boxes of organic fruit and veggies. There is not a requirement for how long someone subscribes and our subscribers are charge weekly on auto-draft via Authorize.net. Here's how I need the site to manage the subscriptions:

The subscriber picks 1 of 9 types of items. (Small, medium or large box - and there are 3 styles each - veggie only, fruit only or combo.

The subscriber also selects their pick up location (we don't deliver to their homes) and it is their pickup location that dictates the amount of tax to be charged which will be set up in tax section.

I need subscribers to be able to edit the size and style box as well as their pickup location in the middle of their subscription.

Can you tell me the best method to handle this? I have tried making the pickup location the parent and the sizes and types the children, but I don't like that it shows the parent item as free with the prices next to the children (which vary because of size).

Is there a way to add attributes within CBSubs? So if someone picks a Small Box, they then have to select the type (veggie, fruit or combo). In addition to adding a line where they have to select the pick up location? All of which can be changed / managed during the subscription?

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #169699 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Using CBSubs for subscription services

I need subscribers to be able to edit the size and style box as well as their pickup location in the middle of their subscription.

This becomes a problem as CBSubs is a subscription management system and not a digital store in any kind of sense. The user would need to change their subscription. This could be cancelling and resubscribing to plan of choice or allowing them to perform upgrades to a different subscription with prorating enabled (so they only pay the difference, very user friendly feature!).

Can you tell me the best method to handle this? I have tried making the pickup location the parent and the sizes and types the children, but I don't like that it shows the parent item as free with the prices next to the children (which vary because of size).

I recommend using almost all parent plans in combination with CBSubs 1.2 and its new conditionals feature, which allows conditionally displaying other plans based off current plan selection.

Location Plans:
Plan 1 - Free Parent (being used as a category, free, lifetime, non-exclusive)
-Plan 1a - Location 1 (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)
-Plan 1b - Location 2 (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)
-Plan 1c - Location 3 (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)
-Plan 1d - Location 4 (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)

Item Plans: (conditionally show this plan if Plan 1 is selected)
Plan 2 - Free Parent (being used as a category, free, lifetime, non-exclusive)
-Plan 2a - Item 1 (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)
-Plan 2b - Item 2 (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)
-Plan 2c - Item 3 (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)
-Plan 2d - Item 4 (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)
-Plan 2e - Item 5 (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)
-Plan 2f - Item 6 (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)
-Plan 2g - Item 7 (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)
-Plan 2h - Item 8 (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)
-Plan 2i - Item 9 (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)

Size Plans: (conditionally show this plan if Plan 2 is selected)
Plan 3 - Free Parent (being used as a category, free, lifetime, non-exclusive)
-Plan 1a - Small (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)
-Plan 1b - Medium (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)
-Plan 1c - Large (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)

Style Plans: (conditionally show this plan if Plan 3 is selected)
Plan 4 - Free Parent (being used as a category, free, lifetime, non-exclusive)
-Plan 1a - Veggie Only (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)
-Plan 1b - Fruit Only (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)
-Plan 1c - Both (exclusive, allow upgrade, prorate)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn