conditional validation not working

12 years 9 months ago #169809 by buddhistman
conditional validation not working was created by buddhistman
I have enabled conditional plugin:

Step by step: enable
template: default
validate: enable
User Profile: Use divs

This is what happen: there are 6 steps on my registration form ( ajobinoz.com/index.php/registration )

I can navigate to step 2, step 3... without filling any required fields, it should prompt an error message before navigate to next step, right?

Second question, on the Step 3: Date of Birth field, I set a conditional:

If 'Registered As' Equal to 'Employer' Hide

When I select Employer from drop down menu, the date of birth field is still there ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #169810 by buddhistman
Replied by buddhistman on topic Re: conditional validation not working
I use the same contion on Tab management:

Employer tab -

If 'Registered As' Not Equal To 'Employer' Hide

It works on Tab management but not on the Field management

12 years 9 months ago #169950 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: conditional validation not working
The condition appears to be working perfectly fine on your registration. It's showing and hiding the fields "Age" and "Gender" respectively. Tab 4 is empty because you're hiding all of its fields. There's no case in CB Conditional to hide a tab if all of its fields are hidden as it would require recalculating all of the tabs on the fly; reason being is you'd have Tab 1, 2, 3, 5, etc.. there would be no tab 4 and it logically would make absolutely no sense. Will review adding for a future release, but is unlikely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #170071 by buddhistman
Replied by buddhistman on topic Re: conditional validation not working
Thank you krileon.

The current setting only working for single field condition only, if I add second field condition, the conditions just stop working. I need to delete and re-install the plugin again and set to single field condition.

Actually my main requirement are: there are 3 types of registration, job seeker, working holiday maker or employer.

If user choose job seeker, the following fields will be shown:
employment, qualification,...

For working holiday maker: visa type, arrival date,...

For employer: business name, company,...

The current setting is:

If 'registered as' NOT EQUAL TO 'Employer' show 'Age', 'Gender'; hide 'business name', 'company'...

I am unable to show the fields for Working holiday maker. Do you have better suggestion for me? Thanks.

www.ajobinoz.com/registration.html

Kevin

12 years 9 months ago #170097 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: conditional validation not working
If you need a field to conditional display different fields based off different conditions then don't place the condition on that field. Instead for example set Age/Gender to show if field "registered as" is not equal to "Employer". There is "condition others" and "condition self" available for fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn