cannot use CB Query Field as replacement tag

12 years 9 months ago #169992 by oooshola
CB version: 1.4
Joomla version: 1.5.23

Hello, I have a delimiter field where I'm putting in some substitution code so that I can format its appearance. I've done this successfully before with other field types, but when I enter in the substitution code for cb query field, there is no replacement. For example, I have a query field called "cb_myqueryfield". However, none of the below substitution methods work:

[cb_myqueryfield]

[cb:userdata field="cb_myqueryfield"]

[cb:userfield field="cb_myqueryfield"]

The delimiter field just outputs the above as regular text.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #170030 by krileon
Issue has been addressed at forge forums.

forge.joomlapolis.com/boards/44/topics/1355?r=1357#message-1357

This is due to the substitution missing its closing slash. The below is the appropriate usage.

[cb:userfield field="cb_myqueryfield" /]

As shown with the tutorial found below.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oooshola

12 years 9 months ago #170039 by oooshola
I figured this out as soon as I posted it :) Also, is it more proper to post a general question about a forge/incubator plugin here, or at forge forums instead?

12 years 9 months ago #170085 by krileon

oooshola wrote: I figured this out as soon as I posted it :) Also, is it more proper to post a general question about a forge/incubator plugin here, or at forge forums instead?

You're a support user so as long as the support question is regarding one of our products (that includes incubator) then you're welcome to request support regarding it :). All we don't support is 3rd party (other developers work).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn