Conditional Registration Issue

12 years 9 months ago #170559 by tomcat
Replied by tomcat on topic Re: Conditional Registration Issue
I thought this would be a priority as this is the main feature of the plugin that we have all paid for :-(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170561 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Conditional Registration Issue
Step by step is NOT the main feature of CB Conditional. It was a complete after-thought in it's development that I thought would be cool to have. The main feature is conditional display of fields based off other fields values, which works flawlessly. GJ at this time is my absolutely priority as 2.4 needs to be released yet have issues still needing to be fixed. Shortly after several incubator projects are going to be receiving updates.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #170565 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Conditional Registration Issue
Agree and not agree ;-) Actually, i was surprised to find the tabbed registration in CB-Conditional. The visual aspect might be relatively easy, because of jQuery and CSS selectors... but i understand the difficult part of validation and dependencies.

I wonder why tabs/sliders are not a display option for any CB tab? As we all know, there are already display variants available in tab parameters... can you tell me why this technique is not "extendable" or re-usable for Registration? At least it is available on Profile display, and it would be great to have the same on Registration/Edit.

Is it possible to extend the "tab-style" popup and the code behind it?
Obviously, the difference between Register/ProfileView/ProfileEdit might be an "old relic" of CB ;-) Its about time to improve and consolidate this part... hopefully in CB2.0...

12 years 9 months ago #170575 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Conditional Registration Issue

Agree and not agree Actually, i was surprised to find the tabbed registration in CB-Conditional. The visual aspect might be relatively easy, because of jQuery and CSS selectors... but i understand the difficult part of validation and dependencies.

Hard part isn't just the validation as for me PHP is quite easy. jQuery however is a whole other beast fighting for visual control. So much has to be factored in to ensure it works and even then 1 conflict and BAM all that work is undone which unfortunately conflicts are going to happen no matter what I do. CBSubs and CB Conditional in this case are at war for who can control what field and CB Conditional is winning by reasserting the dom causing CBSubs events to no longer work. I've to find a way to MOVE the existing dom instead of simply delete and re-add.

I wonder why tabs/sliders are not a display option for any CB tab? As we all know, there are already display variants available in tab parameters... can you tell me why this technique is not "extendable" or re-usable for Registration? At least it is available on Profile display, and it would be great to have the same on Registration/Edit.

Each field and tab has an output/reason. This determines internally through a series of API how exactly it will display right do the last variable in its HTML. There's no triggers for me to alter this and extend it how I please so the only method was to redesign through jQuery. Much much more is planned for CB 2.0 as a lot of the ideas and projects I develop on incubator move to the core of CB; you can see previous of our conditional engine inside of CBSubs. ;)

Is it possible to extend the "tab-style" popup and the code behind it?
Obviously, the difference between Register/ProfileView/ProfileEdit might be an "old relic" of CB Its about time to improve and consolidate this part... hopefully in CB2.0...

Yup, the tabs are jQuery UI tabs so any jQuery UI theme you apply, will work to restyle the tabs. They've even a cool style generator that can be found below.

jqueryui.com/themeroller/#themeGallery

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn