[#2691] System not Saving Password

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170648 by drdehart
[#2691] System not Saving Password was created by drdehart
CB 1.4, CBsubs 1.2.1, GJ2.3. When a user registers on the front-end, after validating he cannot login with the password entered during registration. I have to re-enter and save the password in the admin CB User Manager in order to allow login. I am entering the same password on the back-end that was entered on the front-end, but it won't work until entering it on the back-end.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #170701 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: System not Saving Password
This is a known issue with CBSubs 1.2.1, we're addressing this with 1.2.2 which is scheduled to release very shortly (1-2 days or tonight if possible). This only happens if your CBSubs plans change the users usergroup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #170707 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: System not Saving Password
Not sure what you mean, all the users are in User Group: "Registered". I don't know of any change being made by CBsubs.

12 years 9 months ago #170759 by krileon
Please review the _users table. Are the passwords missing entirely or in plain text? Please only review users affected by the issue you've mentioned.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #171145 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: System not Saving Password
passwords are in Plain text - and this is after upgrading to CBsubs 1.2.2. This is a big problem for us, we haven't updated the live site yet, but want to soon.

Also note, only the paid plans are not being encrypted; the Free plan membership passwords are fine.

12 years 9 months ago #171178 by krileon
This was resolved with CBSubs 1.2.2, please ensure all of CBSubs (including what integrations you use) have been upgraded to 1.2.2. Please also provide what integrations your paid plans are using that your free plans aren't so we can further investigate the potential cause. This was found to only happen when a usergroup was changed, but had been resolved with 1.2.2.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn