[SOLVED] Inconsistent Confirmation Message

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170680 by boyjahq
CB Subs is not always showing the payment confirmation message when someone pays through PayPal.

When it doesn't show anything, if you refresh the screen it will show the correct confirmation message along with CB Subs thank-you for payment message.

My thinking is that it's a timing issue. I'm automating my tests with Selenium and it clicks the link to return directly to the site, after paying on PayPal, instead of waiting for PayPal's 10 second and redirect.

The IPN from PayPal is taking slightly longer than it takes for a user to return to the site if they click on the link right away.

I would recommend to the developers to implement some sort of payment pending auto-refresh or click here to check if cleared intermediary screen. It took me 3 hours and something like 40 different registrations to figure this out, because nothing useful was showing. And this won't just happen to a bot, it will happen to other users whenever the IPN routes slower than the user's return to the site.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #170756 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Inconsistent Confirmation Message
Unfortunately there's nothing we can do regarding the IPN delay. However, your subscription should pay just fine as it would use PDT instead of relying on the IPN at that point assuming you've your PayPal account configured correctly to use PDT in addition to IPN. Could you please provide the exact message you're receiving in your tests when returning to the site?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #170787 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Re: Inconsistent Confirmation Message
Hey Kyle,

Thanks for your response.

Without PDT enabled, nothing is shown. The site and template load up, nothing is output through the component.

With PDT enabled, the following message is shown:

Sorry your payment has not been processed. Transaction result:FAIL Error: 4020. Please try again and notify system administrator.
No suitable basket found.

After waiting a moment and refreshing the page, the correct success message displays.

12 years 9 months ago #170858 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Inconsistent Confirmation Message
Please review your documentation closely and configure PDT as necessary. I could not duplicate your issue. Believe this is a configuration issue regarding PDT. Please see the below URL for configuring PDT.

www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-website-payments

You need to ensure "Payment Data Transfer" is enabled and that you've provided the "Identity Token" within your gateway configuration. This is required to decode the PDT return data.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #171313 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Re: Inconsistent Confirmation Message
Hey Kyle,

You were exactly right. The API key for PDT was incorrect for the sandbox account. Once updated, everything works 100%.

Thanks, and hope this can be of use to someone else. :blush:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn