How can CB member ad a CB Profile tab when needed?

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170987 by railer
Hi Joomlapolis!

Is it possible to:

1. Provide a button on CB member profiles that, if clicked, will add a pre-configured tab — empty fields — to their profile which they can then fill out with their information and save in their profile?

Scenario — Members will be fleet truck owners who, if purchasing accessories for their trucks will need to enter truck specifications into the new tab's fields. If they have more than one type of truck, they would need to add another tab and enter the specifications for the second type of truck. If they had a third type, add another tab, etc.

How can I set this up in CB?

If not in CB, how can I get a CB tab to display information from a database table in it?

Obviously, doing it in CB would be preferred because then the pre-configured tab would be available to any truck owner. I have one tab set up already in CB, but the only way I can see to accommodate additional truck types is to make additional duplicate tabs available in the profile all the time even though they're empty. Not the most elegant solution. Being able to add them only if needed would be cleaner.

All ideas are welcome.

Thanks,
railer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #171024 by krileon

1. Provide a button on CB member profiles that, if clicked, will add a pre-configured tab — empty fields — to their profile which they can then fill out with their information and save in their profile?

No, not without heavy custom development.

If not in CB, how can I get a CB tab to display information from a database table in it?

Create a tab as normally and use incubator project CB Query Field to query the database for custom information to display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #171276 by railer
Thanks Kyle,

I'm interested in possibly pursuing this. Can you recommend a developer who could build this for me in about a 1-week time frame? I'd like to get an estimate.

Would it be a plug-in to CB?

The spec would actually require the capability to add two different types of custom tabs with editable forms in them.

I can give more details to the recommended developer.

Thanks,
railer

12 years 9 months ago #171363 by krileon
Don't see how you could do this securely using CB as the base. You'd need a new CB plugin that has its own self contained and generated tabs. Tabs in CB are not specific to any single user, so it wouldn't be possible to simply add tabs to CBs database from frontend and it be specific to the user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn