[SOLVED] FB connect for "Registered Users"

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #171431 by R2R
Hi,

I'm having trouble integrating the FB connect for my "registered users" to enable them to view "registered content".

The FB Connect plugin works fine and I can login via the plugin/FB, but once I'm registered (busy testing it) I'm unable to view content that I setup for my registered members.

I assume the same would happen to them once they register/login. Once I login via Facebook, my e-mail address shows up under the "user management" section as a registered user, but I can't view the content, even when I manually enter the URL's where my "registered content" can be found, I receive a 404 error page...

Is there a way in which new users can register via the FB connect plugin, which would pass through as a legit new user? Oh, another thing, once I login via FB contect I do receive a "welcoming e-mail" that I setup for new registered users, but a new password which is extreamly long.

The idea of using the FB connect, is to get users to register in the least amount of time or basically make it easier for new users to register to a new site or members area?

I'm not sure if there is something small that I'm missing or doing wrong, but could you please help me out with this.

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #171514 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FB connect for "Registered Users"
Please provide Joomla, CB, and FBC versions. Have you tried incubator project CB Connect which provides Google Friend Connect, Facebook Connect, and Twitter logins in 1 plugin? CB Connect is generally always more up to date then FBC and TC.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #171532 by R2R
Replied by R2R on topic Re: FB connect for "Registered Users"
Hi Krileon,

Joomla vers : 1.6.5
CB vers : 1.4
FBC vers : 1.4

I will have a look at the incubator project CB connect, to see if that works and might even be what I'm actually looking for.

Would your recommend that I upgrade to Joomla! 1.7 & CB 1.7 RC? A lot of people tell me to wait for a will, due to the functionality that might be lost with some of my other com_/mod_/plg_'s.

I'll test the CB Connect a bit later and get back to you whether it resolved my issues.

Regards

12 years 9 months ago #171551 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FB connect for "Registered Users"
There are some issues regarding ACL in CB1.4. Please upgrade to CB 1.7 and confirm if issue still present AFTER deleting the Facebook connected user so they can be re-created. Even if not using J1.7, please upgrade to CB 1.7.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #171576 by R2R
Replied by R2R on topic Re: FB connect for "Registered Users"
WOW! CB Connect is what I was looking for! Everything is running smoothly now and is doing exactly what I want it to do for my registered users & "new users" where they are able to view my "registered content" after a quick signup via FB or Twitter.

This is the only function that I require for the site I'm using this plugin on.

I'm not using or going to use the full potential of CB for the purposes of the site I'm doing now.

So, for now I'm going to leave it at CB 1.4 as everything is running smoothly and I wouldn't want to run into any other potholes that might arrise after upgrading to CB 1.7.

I'll install and test CB 1.7 on a J! 1.7 site that I'm busy on and which would use more of CB's functionality.

Thanks for the help and guiding me towards CB Connect!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn