CB and Civicrm...or alternative CRM

12 years 9 months ago #172701 by robbiemc
CB and Civicrm...or alternative CRM was created by robbiemc
Hi

I know this has been talked about off and on for years but I wondered if there had been any progress with the development of some form of a synch with civicrm.

As a NFP member based organisation we need to have a CRM system in place to manage our members, with CIVI being considered as an option. We wish to use CB to drive our online community but I am struggling to find a solution in terms of linking CB to a CRM system.

Any advise/suggestions/alternatives would be most appreciatted.

Robbie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #172742 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB and Civicrm...or alternative CRM
The incubator project CB Queries can execute database queries on internal and external database tables. This means you could use it to synchronize profile data to any number of databases after registration and after profile update triggers for example. If you need to execute APIs to implement the user you could use the integration CB Code, which does the same thing except performs GET, POST, or XML requests on URLs (can pass profile data).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #172751 by robbiemc
Replied by robbiemc on topic Re: CB and Civicrm...or alternative CRM
Hi Krileon

Many thanks for the quick feedback. Is there any documentation on this (or examples) for newbies...? Or, is this something support could do (of course at cost)...?

Robbie

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #172756 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB and Civicrm...or alternative CRM
Incubator projects don't come with documentation, but are well commented. Once installed click "CB Queries" within CB > Plugin Management to access its backend. Once there just create a new query selecting what triggers you'd like, leaving user on automatic, and setting access to everybody. From there just formulate your database query as necessary and configure if internal or external. You can imply our installation services from your Membership tab on your Joomlapolis profile, but that's a heavy price tag for 1 plugin; recommend you attempting to tackle configuring this first (the knowledge of knowing how would be invaluable in your future sites).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #172768 by robbiemc
Replied by robbiemc on topic Re: CB and Civicrm...or alternative CRM
Hi Krileon

Again thanks for the prompt response...Unfortunately I am not a coder, to you have any example code I can work off...or will this be obvious in the plugin backend?

Robbie

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #172774 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: CB and Civicrm...or alternative CRM
If Civi is not mandatory... I remember a product called "SugaryCB" . A bridge to SugarCRM.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn