Any General Wall Module?

12 years 9 months ago #172983 by jacosky
Any General Wall Module? was created by jacosky
Hello everyone! Please is there any general, public wall module I can install where my users can all meet and have conversations just like Facebook?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #173014 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Any General Wall Module?
CB ProfileBook provides a Guestbook, Wall, and Blog tab; both allow user communications. Please see Advanced downloads section for latest release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #173023 by jacosky
Replied by jacosky on topic Re: Any General Wall Module?
Thanks Krileon but what I'm actually talking about is a module that will display a stream of users' posts (that you're connected with) from their wall just like Facebook. Instead of just visiting each member's profile to comment, you can get to do that from this general wall component.

2. Is there also a module that displays all the members on the site with a thumbnail of their pictures?

3. How can I change the default avatar to that of my network?

12 years 9 months ago #173104 by krileon

2. Is there also a module that displays all the members on the site with a thumbnail of their pictures?

The module included with ProfileBook is able to stream a display of posts made to users profile.

3. How can I change the default avatar to that of my network?

You can replace the default avatar (name must remain) at the below location (is based off your CB template used).

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/avatar/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #173204 by jacosky
Replied by jacosky on topic Re: Any General Wall Module?
Thanks Krileon but is there any module that allows for commenting on user's CB Blogs?

12 years 9 months ago #173250 by krileon
CB Blogs (if not using Internal model) uses Joomlas content display to display blog posts. So any comment extension compatible with Joomla content is also compatible with CB Blogs. Recommend searching Joomla.org for whatever comment extension you find most suitable.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn