CB Connect authorisedLevels

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173348 by SFx86
Replied by SFx86 on topic Re: CB Connect authorisedLevels

krileon wrote: Don't understand your quickfix, [...]

Forget about the earlier posted snippet. It was the wrong place to make changes to.

krileon wrote: [...] you're fixing Joomla which implies the bug is in Joomla and not the plugin it self [...]

I do not know where the bug is. What I know is that a login via Facebook Connect creates a JUser object with invalid _authLevels. Subsequent calls to JUser::getAuthorisedViewLevels() don't check for changed _authLevels since this only happens if( empty( $this->_authLevels ) ). Making $this->_authLevels = JAccess::getAuthorisedViewLevels($this->id); on 426 in joomla/user.php unconditional fixes things for me (with obvious performance penalties) for now.

krileon wrote: [...] which is very likely as issue wasn't seen until late J1.6 releases (earlier releases did not have this issue) and of course J1.7 release.

Well, since J's behaviour obviously changed from 1.6.x to 1.7.x I'd say it is a bug in Facebook Connect when used with 1.7.x. :p

krileon wrote: Please also hold the sarcasm;

Sorry. You named it: frustration.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173391 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect authorisedLevels

I do not know where the bug is. What I know is that a login via Facebook Connect creates a JUser object with invalid _authLevels. Subsequent calls to JUser::getAuthorisedViewLevels() don't check for changed _authLevels since this only happens if( empty( $this->_authLevels ) ). Making $this->_authLevels = JAccess::getAuthorisedViewLevels($this->id); on 426 in joomla/user.php unconditional fixes things for me (with obvious performance penalties) for now.

I see, seams the creation process of a user isn't completed properly. Will be reviewing for next release to ensure usergroups are added correctly. It's likely due to only populating GID instead of also populating GIDS, which was implemented for J1.6/J1.7 usage. Will know more once I review.

Well, since J's behaviour obviously changed from 1.6.x to 1.7.x I'd say it is a bug in Facebook Connect when used with 1.7.x

Is not always the extensions fault, but is likely for this to be the case in this situation. None of them (FBC, TC, and CB Connect) have been upgraded to support J1.6/J1.7 ACL as of yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173406 by SFx86

krileon wrote:

I see, seams the creation process of a user isn't completed properly. Will be reviewing for next release to ensure usergroups are added correctly. It's likely due to only populating GID instead of also populating GIDS, which was implemented for J1.6/J1.7 usage. Will know more once I review.

I'm looking forward to it!

krileon wrote:

Well, since J's behaviour obviously changed from 1.6.x to 1.7.x I'd say it is a bug in Facebook Connect when used with 1.7.x

Is not always the extensions fault, [...]

I'm not looking for a guilty party ;) The only thing that matters to me right now is to have a workaround so I can move on digging code ;)

12 years 8 months ago #173445 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect authorisedLevels
You can try reviewing the source, locating the registration process, and populating the user object with GIDS instead of just GID. Example as follows.

$user->gids = array( $user->gid );

At any rate again will be reviewing shortly after GJ 2.4 stable release and be preparing new releases addressing J1.6/J1.7 issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173667 by SFx86

krileon wrote: [...] populating the user object with GIDS instead of just GID.

Thanks for the pointer, I'll have a look.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn