[SOLVED] Subscription Hold / Vacation

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173322 by LindaGLS
[SOLVED] Subscription Hold / Vacation was created by LindaGLS
Is it possible for a subscriber to put a subscription on hold (say if they are on vacation and not around to use their subscription) and can actually state for it to be on hold for 1, 2 or 3 weeks (we offer weekly subscriptions) AND that it automatically reverts back to their original subscription once the length of time they specify for it to be on hold expires?

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #173324 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Subscription Hold / Vacation
There is no hold feature, the user would need to unsubscribe then resubscribe when they return. You've also the option if using PayPal for example to offer them a partial refund (through PayPal) and they could then resubscribe later.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173325 by LindaGLS
Replied by LindaGLS on topic Re: Subscription Hold / Vacation
Okay. That is what I was afraid of. And in the case of my client, they are afraid someone will forget to re-subscribe. We are using Authorize... Thanks.

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago #173390 by krileon
I've never heard of a subscription system that permitted holds. It's the responsibility of the user whether they use their subscription to its fullest or not. If they feel it is money wasted they should unsubscribe and resubscribe if/when they decide to come back. At any rate I don't believe there are any plans to implement such a feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173409 by LindaGLS
Replied by LindaGLS on topic Re: Subscription Hold / Vacation
We are using CBSubs for an actual product subscription (not online access) - Weekly organic food delivery. As you can imagine, it would be terrible if someone's food sat on their porch for a week or two while they were on vacation. :)

I realize this component was built for online subscriptions, but it is working pretty good so far for a physical product. There have just been a few work arounds I've had to implement. If you ever consider making CBSubs for more than just online subscriptions, let me know. I'll be happy to provide you with a handful of ideas based on how we are using it. (That could open the doors to a whole new market for you!)

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago #173444 by krileon
As far as I am aware there are no plans for this as CBSubs is not a billing system, but is a subscription system. What you're needing is more along the lines of a prepaid billing system. Your options are for the user to simply unsubscribe and resubscribe or you could provide a field for the user to enable/disable in profile edit to change delivery status and still bill them for the week, but double the next deliver, etc.. It's possible in the future we'll provide more features for real world goods, but it's too far to give you a definite answer am afraid.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: LindaGLS

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn