[SOLVED] Lost Password 404 error

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173359 by clickmo
[SOLVED] Lost Password 404 error was created by clickmo
I'm using Joomla! 1.6.3 Stable and CB 1.4. We are locked into our bubble so we can't upgrade right now just before we go live.

My issue is that when I click on the lost password or lost username button I get an error that says:

404 - Component not found

I have done some research and saw that having SEF links enabled (which is turned on for our site) could cause this but I do not know where I should be looking to rectify the problem. Does CBlogin still utilize the basic login functionality for retrieving this information or is it re-written. Any assistance in solving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #173441 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Lost Password 404 error
CB supports Joomla SEF; please ensure if using 3rd party SEF it is configured correctly. Please also note you should upgrade to J1.6.6 and CB 1.7 for security and bug fixes. Versions J1.6.0 to J1.6.5 have an XSS vulnerability that 1.6.6 fixes. CB 1.7 also addresses many ACL bugs regarding J1.6/J1.7 ACL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173473 by clickmo
Replied by clickmo on topic Re: Lost Password 404 error
We are using the basic Joomla SEF. Everything appears to be setup correctly as it works everywhere but here. Could there be any other issue?

Is it possible it's the plugin at all? Somehow I doubt it but I am not sure to what extend CB_Login modifies the login pages.

12 years 8 months ago #173517 by krileon
CB doesn't modify any login pages, it has its own. Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173629 by krileon
Your installation is out of date (CB 1.4 & J1.6.3) please upgrade and confirm if issue still present (CB 1.7 & J1.6.6). Sorry, but can't provide support for older releases as could be using time to review something we've already fixed.

You're also missing a public and published Joomla menu link to CB profiles and have changed yours from Registered to Public, this is required. You also did not provide me with a completely approved and confirmed account. In attempt to correct this the account was disabled due to bugs in CB 1.4; please upgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 8 months ago #174525 by clickmo
Replied by clickmo on topic Re: Lost Password 404 error
Hello Krileon,

Thanks for the help to date. Unfortunatley we can't simply upgrade due to the extensive customization done to core files of Community builder and the attached modifications. We have added quite a bit of customized code into it.

All I would really like to know is where the functionality for the lost password and lost username is programmed so that I can debug it myself. I understand tha because we have changed things that full support is not an option. That's why we just want a location :)

Regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn