Blank page issue for admins only?

12 years 9 months ago #173528 by mediaofficer
Blank page issue for admins only? was created by mediaofficer
Hello all,

We are in need of support having recently upgraded CB from 1.3.2 to 1.7 on Joomla 1.5.

The upgrade went smoothly but we are having a hiccup after login for admins, where certain pages including the index page produce a blank page.

We have run debug mode and the front end claims that jos_frsettings doesn't exist (it doesn't, we don't know what it is) we have also turned of mod_security to no effect.

Normal users are not experiencing the same problems.

As a charity during a busy period we would appreciate any help you can offer to help resolve the issue.

Many thanks,

Jasper Snaith
Digital marketing coordinator
University of Portsmouth Students' Union

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #173552 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Blank page issue for admins only?

We have run debug mode and the front end claims that jos_frsettings doesn't exist (it doesn't, we don't know what it is) we have also turned of mod_security to no effect.

Sounds like you've an installed CB plugin or perhaps Joomla plugin that is trying to query a database that doesn't exist. Please disable non-core (3rd party that you've installed) CB plugins 1 by 1 until resolved. If not resolved please repeat with Joomla system plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173881 by mediaofficer
Replied by mediaofficer on topic Re: Blank page issue for admins only?
Hi Krileon,

Many thanks for your quick reply.

I have attempted to disable all CB plugins and all system [type] plugins in turn, nothing has altered the issue we're having with Super Admins logged in via the front end.

We have only installed the latest version of CB and the three accompanying modules (which are also disabled) nothing else has been altered to affect this change.

Kind regards,

Jasper

12 years 8 months ago #173897 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Blank page issue for admins only?
Please ensure debug mode and maximum error reporting is enabled within Joomla global configuration then re-visit the page that is presenting as blank. This is nearly always a memory related issue OR a fatal database query (usually gives an error page though). Please try increasing your memory limit (contact host on best approach). You can find more regarding blank pages at our FAQ below.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/faqs

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn