Issues when migrating to 1.7

12 years 8 months ago #173647 by michelgofman
Issues when migrating to 1.7 was created by michelgofman
Hello :cheer:

On July 19 & 20th, I try to upgrade to both Joomla and CB 1.7 for www.afdm.org.
I had all sort of errors and had to reload the backup. :evil:

Is it safer now?
Or is it something special with my site?

Thanks B)
Mike

MG Developpement : un point d'appui pour changer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #173654 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Issues when migrating to 1.7

I had all sort of errors and had to reload the backup.

Sorry, but this is not very descriptive. What exactly are the errors? When upgrading you should upgrade to J1.7 then immediately after upgrade to CB1.7. It's perfectly safe to upgrade (have done so on my development server).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173660 by michelgofman
Replied by michelgofman on topic Re: Issues when migrating to 1.7
Ok, thanks for swiftness
I'll give it a try on a dev site then and record better the errors if any, the update you.
Mike

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

12 years 8 months ago #174279 by michelgofman
Replied by michelgofman on topic Re: Issues when migrating to 1.7
As I said I gave it a good try on a local test instance, no unsuccessfully though.
May be you can provide me with the wildcard. :silly:

Remember I am in 1.6.4 with CB 1.4.
I tried first to go direct to 1.7 with the extension / update option. No problem for updating but no luck for the site, something changed in the database about languages, then the backend is in english and the front cannot start with a "missing column" database php error.

Then I tried to use the 1.6.4 to 1.6.5 as a first step. The zip wont work from the extensions manager, and I cant find instructions to make a blunt manual update.

This is strange since all previous updates went smoothly. Well except the 1.5 to 1.6.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance :cheer:
Mike

12 years 8 months ago #174334 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Issues when migrating to 1.7

Remember I am in 1.6.4 with CB 1.4.

You need to upgrade to Joomla 1.6.6 then upgrade to Joomla 1.7 from Joomlas built in upgrader. Once done you need to install CB 1.7. That is the appropriate upgrade process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn