[#2728] CB Ajax file fieldtype v1.3 Issue

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173742 by webdevdude
[#2728] CB Ajax file fieldtype v1.3 Issue was created by webdevdude
I posted this in the CB Ajax file fieldtype plugin forum area but then noticed the pro area for quicker support for pro members. It may need to be removed by a Moderator.

The issue I have may be do to error on my part but I believe I have the right idea.

I have enabled the plugin, created a file field type and created a file tab to be displayed on the profile page.

I can upload a file from the file tab in the update your profile section and the file uploads with no issue. But when I try to upload a file from the file tab I created for the profile I have the issue. The issue is different on two websites.

Site one when I upload file I get what appears to be a i-frame with the website in it. Not the file but it never really saves it. On refresh it dissapears and no upload.
Site two when I upload file I get a white screen with the websites email address on it.

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CB Ajax file fieldtype plugin v1.3

Goal: Client needs to be able to have his clients and subcontractors download and upload files. Permisions need to be set so his clients and sub contractors can not view each others files. Can I do this using GroupJive to divide the two groups and keep their content sepperate?

Thanx for the help
WebDevDude

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #173911 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Ajax file fieldtype v1.3 Issue

Site one when I upload file I get what appears to be a i-frame with the website in it. Not the file but it never really saves it. On refresh it dissapears and no upload.

Was able to duplicate your issue and have created the following bug ticket. Appears to be a bug introduced with CB 1.7 core changes. For the time being please disable Ajax usage of the file field and simply upload from profile edit.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2728

Can I do this using GroupJive to divide the two groups and keep their content sepperate?

GJ is NOT ACL. Please see the below for information regarding GJ as well as a live demo.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/groupjive

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173916 by webdevdude
Replied by webdevdude on topic Re: CB Ajax file fieldtype v1.3 Issue
Ok I see. The use of the profile edit tab works but is a hassle when explaining to the client visitors directions for usage. I hope they can fix the core issue changes soon. The uploading of files by my clients visitors is the most critical part of the site.

What is ACL?

Thank You
WebDevDude

12 years 8 months ago #173930 by krileon

Ok I see. The use of the profile edit tab works but is a hassle when explaining to the client visitors directions for usage. I hope they can fix the core issue changes soon. The uploading of files by my clients visitors is the most critical part of the site.

Please see forge link in my earlier post where a fix is proposed. We're currently preparing release of CB Ajax File fieldtype 1.4, which resolves this issue.

What is ACL?

Usergroups like "Registered". GroupJive can't control access or content on your site based off their GJ group. It's groups as in Facebook groups or other social sites usage of groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173940 by webdevdude
Replied by webdevdude on topic Re: CB Ajax file fieldtype v1.3 Issue
Sounds good on CB Ajax File Fieldtype 1.4

I installed GroupJive on a community site last nite so I see what you mean. I had hoped that there would be extra restrictions added with GJ that I may utilize.
Just restricting the CB profiles themselves helps greatly. By restricting profiles to being viewed by admin only through CB config I can stop access to members profiles and the attached files. So I think that secures the documents enough.

I have used CB for a couple of years now and love it.
Keep up the great work.

Bruce Cheyney
Kitsap Web Development

12 years 8 months ago #173984 by krileon

Sounds good on CB Ajax File Fieldtype 1.4

1.4 has been released where this issue is fixed; please upgrade. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn