[#2728] CB Ajax file fieldtype v1.3 Issue

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174026 by webdevdude
Replied by webdevdude on topic Re: CB Ajax file fieldtype v1.3 Issue
Ok I have upgraded to 1.4

SITE #1 (Client Site)After uploading file I get message "You are not authorized to view this page!"
then after refresh of page it goes back to the prior upload creeen where you can save or cancel your upload.

Site #2 (Test Site)Seems to work just fine.

Both sites are running
Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
Test site also has GroupJive installed.

I checked all the setting and they seem to be the same on both sites.

Thank You
Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174040 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Ajax file fieldtype v1.3 Issue

SITE #1 (Client Site)After uploading file I get message "You are not authorized to view this page!"
then after refresh of page it goes back to the prior upload creeen where you can save or cancel your upload.

Review configuration.php and ensure live_site is NOT populated. The issue is the ajax URL is not being reached resulting in your error. Could be SEF, but likely the configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174045 by webdevdude
I have checked both sites configuration.php

both are:

var $live_site = '';

SEF

SITE #1 No SEF Component installed. In the global config I have "Search Engine Friendly URLs " YES

"Use Apache mod_rewrite" = NO
"Add suffix to URLs" = NO

Site #2 No SEF Component installed. In the global config I have "Search Engine Friendly URLs " NO
"Use Apache mod_rewrite" = NO
"Add suffix to URLs" = NO

So I set site #1 to NO sef urls but still get same message "You are not authorized to view this page!"

UPDATE: I enabled "Search Engine Friendly URLs" on site #2 and uploads still work fine.

Thank You
Bruce Cheyney

12 years 7 months ago #174709 by webdevdude
I have narrowed this issue down to permissions. It seems that as a super administrator I can upload files but the client visitors can not. As a registered member I get the message. "You are not authorized to view this page!"

I have checked all setting's in CB and they seem to match over the two websites.

Thank You
Bruce

12 years 7 months ago #174728 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Ajax file fieldtype v1.3 Issue

I have narrowed this issue down to permissions. It seems that as a super administrator I can upload files but the client visitors can not. As a registered member I get the message. "You are not authorized to view this page!"

Please ensure the plugin within CB > Plugin Management is public and published. Please also ensure the Joomla CB menu link is also public and published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.368 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn