[SOLVED] Cannot view a certain user while a moderator

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173932 by SurfCitySue
When I browse this particular user by way of the userlist while not logged in or if I am logged in as a non administrator I can see the a particular profile that has this problem, but when I am logged in as Administrator or any other user with CB moderator capabilities, I am getting 500 server error.

Complete error with Joomla debug on is:
PHP regular expression limit reached (pcre.backtrack_limit)

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

Call stack
# 	Function 	Location
1 	JSite->render() 	<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>pn/public_html/domain_hidden.com/index.php:49
2 	JApplication->triggerEvent() 	<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>pn/public_html/domain_hidden.com/includes/application.php:264
3 	JDispatcher->trigger() 	<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>pn/public_html/domain_hidden.com/libraries/joomla/application/application.php:588
4 	JEvent->update() 	<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>pn/public_html/domain_hidden.com/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php:115
5 	call_user_func_array() 	<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>pn/public_html/domain_hidden.com/libraries/joomla/event/event.php:48
6 	plgSystemSef->onAfterRender() 	 
7 	plgSystemSef->checkBuffer() 	<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>pn/public_html/domain_hidden.com/plugins/system/sef/sef.php:56
8 	JError::raiseError() 	<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>pn/public_html/domain_hidden.com/plugins/system/sef/sef.php:92
9 	JError::raise() 	<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>pn/public_html/domain_hidden.com/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:215

My environment is
PHP 5.3.2
Joomla 1.7
CB 1.7
CB Subs 1.2.2

I have tried uploading a php.ini fil e containing "pcre.backtrack_limit = 10000000" but that breaks the rest of my site showing me blank pages (I think I need many more settings in that php.ini file to work correctly).

Server error messages from cpanel around the time this happens, says...
[Mon Aug 22 19:11:14 2011] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>pn/public_html/domain_hidden.com/404.shtml, referer: http://domain_hidden.com/administrator/modules/mod_cb_adminnav/mod_cb_adminnavj16.css
[Mon Aug 22 19:11:14 2011] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>pn/public_html/domain_hidden.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubstax, referer: http://domain_hidden.com/administrator/modules/mod_cb_adminnav/mod_cb_adminnavj16.css
[Mon Aug 22 19:11:14 2011] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>pn/public_html/domain_hidden.com/404.shtml, referer: http://domain.com/administrator/modules/mod_cb_adminnav/mod_cb_adminnavj16.css
[Mon Aug 22 19:11:14 2011] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>pn/public_html/domain_hidden.com/templates/khepri, referer: http://domain_hidden.com/administrator/modules/mod_cb_adminnav/mod_cb_adminnavj16.css

Odd thing is, I have removed the references to "khepri" and "cbsubstax" in that css file but the errors persist.

I am stumped, anyone know a solution?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173937 by SurfCitySue
Replied by SurfCitySue on topic Re: Cannot view a certain user while a moderator
Solved the problem.

I created a default php.ini file from the WHM, which contains all the php config that is running on your working site, then added "pcre.backtrack_limit = 10000000" to that file and all is well.

It seems the problem occurs when a user has many items such as either gallery items, blogs or wall submissions that need to be moderated.

I hope this helps someone else in the future.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn