Login on IE is not working

12 years 8 months ago #174017 by scannon
Login on IE is not working was created by scannon
I'm almost ready to go live with my site...but people are not able to Log In when using IE. Most cases have been with IE-8. When you go to log in using any of the methods (pop-up box, or via registration page) it will take your information and without any error message redirect you to the home page, but you will NOT be logged in.

I have seen this issue on the boards, but they have been dismissed as an isolated issue. I have had several associates on multiple computers in multiple locations test this site and they all have the same problem. I need to resolve this ASAP so as to not delay the launch. Please advise!

runnersclub.rightfootforward.info

Test user account has been created

username: tester
password: tester2

thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174041 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Login on IE is not working
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #174105 by krileon
Have reviewed your installation and can not see any problems. Confirmed able to login using Chrome, FireFox, IE9, and IE8 (IE9 rendering to IE8). Unsure what the issue is. The login is simply a standard HTML form posting so don't see how any specific browser could cause that to fail. At any rate is perfectly functional from my end.

The only thing I can think of that'd maybe cause this is an incorrect login and your template missing the important message tag so the user isn't given any error messages. Another issue could be if caching is enabled then that would result in the non-logged in version of your homepage being pulled. I do not recommend using any form of caching unless extensions have directly built-in their own methods.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #174146 by scannon
Replied by scannon on topic Re: Login on IE is not working
Is it possible that you have enhanced your IE9 browser in some way that would be causing it to work on your end but not ours? And are you sure it really worked? Did you go to "profile" and verify that you were in fact logged in? I don't mean to sound sarcastic - I've just had a few people test it and they thought they were logged in until they tried to go to a page that required it.

I just downloaded IE9, tested it, and it will not log in.

I made sure the cache setting in global configuration was turned off - is there another cache setting I should look for?

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174192 by krileon
IE7 Working:
File Attachment:

IE8 Working:
File Attachment:

IE9 Working:
File Attachment:

IE9 w/ IE8 Compatibility Working:
File Attachment:

Installed IE Addons:
File Attachment:

As you can see it's working perfectly fine in several situations. I can not duplicate your issue on your very own installation so I'm not sure what more to reply in regards to. I can't speak for the users you had test, but perhaps their systems or browsers are compromised.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 8 months ago #174193 by scannon
Replied by scannon on topic Re: Login on IE is not working
I just realized that I had not actually tested it on IE9. I had installed it, but I was in fact still using 8.

So it works for me on 9, but it has never worked on 8. Is it possible that when you tested it on IE8 rendered via IE9 that it would produce a different result than an original IE8 installation?

Anyway, thanks for the time!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn