Login on IE is not working

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174216 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Login on IE is not working
IE8 rendering on IE9 uses IE8s engine. Same for IE7. It only uses IE9 engine when you're using compatibility mode or IE9 rendering directly. Not much more I can advise as I've no means to test the issue directly in IE8. IE9 being a forced upgrade through auto update should prevent most of these issues and this is the only report I've seen of this problem; I recommend you inform your users to upgrade. As you're not using CB in a normal situation (we don't support pop-up login) I don't see this being a bug in CB, but likely a JS incompatibility with IE8 preventing the pop-up from properly posting the form (again, it's just an HTML form). Please create a test install of just Joomla + CB and login should work perfectly fine as confirmed in all my tests (without your pop-up login or any 3rd party extensions).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scannon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174264 by Brefar
Replied by Brefar on topic Re: Login on IE is not working
On my websites I have found that sometime IE has problems with allowing people to log in when you do not use www as part of your address. It exhibits the same exact behavior you are describing.

For example, if you go to sitename.com and try to log in, it will redirect to the front page and not allow you to log in. However, if you go to www.sitename.com, after having shutdown IE first after the previous failure, then logging in works correctly everytime.

Just my experience.

Bret

12 years 8 months ago #174287 by scannon
Replied by scannon on topic Re: Login on IE is not working
Krileon, thanks for your time. As long as it's working on IE9 I'm happy...I wish everyone would just get rid of IE altogether, but, oh well.

Just for reference for anyone reading, the problem was not isolated to the pop-up login but also the login module on the registration page. But it seems IE9 is working...

Bret - I have a plugin redirecting non www. to www. - would your site work with that or only when you specifically typed in www. with the url? I can't imagine that making a difference...but who knows

12 years 8 months ago #174290 by Brefar
Replied by Brefar on topic Re: Login on IE is not working
If I type in sitename.com my store will redirect to www.sitename.com as well. It still won't work. It would only work if I start with the www.

12 years 8 months ago #174335 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Login on IE is not working
Unfortunately I've no idea what could be causing this on IE. As I've stated a few times the login process is just a standard HTML form that would work way back on IE6 or IE5 even as it's PURELY HTML and nothing more.. no JS.. nothing. So there's absolutely no reason for IE to simply fail to POST it unless there's a problem in IE it self, which is extremely likely because IE is garbage. It's more likely that something installed or even security in the browser/webhost is intercepting the post and rejecting it.. maybe domain mismatch or something.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn