Installing GroupJive 2.4 Error

12 years 8 months ago #174088 by mediaofficer
Installing GroupJive 2.4 Error was created by mediaofficer
Having just installed Groupjive 2.3 this week, 2.4 has come along and I am in the process of upgrading.

I have unpublished and deleted 2.3 within CB plugin manager. When I attempt to install the latest version it gives the following message;

File /home/upsuweb/www/new.upsu.net/public_html/tmp/install_4e54ed188249e/templates/default/images/icon-16-back does not exist!

I've checked both releases for 2.3 and 2.4 and this file does not exist in either.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jasper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174116 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Installing GroupJive 2.4 Error
Known issue, GJ 2.4 rc has been re-released. Please re-download and install GJ 2.4rc where this issue is resolved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #174124 by mediaofficer
Replied by mediaofficer on topic Re: Installing GroupJive 2.4 Error
I've already fixed all the broken .png links in the xml file, are there any other differences worth upgrading for again?

12 years 8 months ago #174128 by krileon
Yes, please upgrade. You only need to re-install GJ and the Auto integration; other integrations were untouched.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #174179 by mediaofficer
Replied by mediaofficer on topic Re: Installing GroupJive 2.4 Error
We have successfully upgraded the plugin, however when trying to change any settings in the Configuration menu the changes do not save and we are instead redirected to the Joomla dashboard.

I am aiming to apply a Joomla template to GJ separate to the one CB uses.

12 years 8 months ago #174196 by krileon
Sounds like a JS conflict causing the form to not save properly. This can happen inside of CB as well. Do not apply a custom Joomla template to the backend of GJ or CB as they often cause problems. Please review installed Joomla system plugins and disable 1 by 1 until resolved.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.080 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn