[SOLVED] Connection type conditional html code

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174141 by amir00251
I am using Community builder pro in my CB 1.4 site.

Using that extension one can define to show or hide a content if a field does include or not include something, like

{SHOW_IF name=david}this content{/SHOW_IF}

Now What I want to do is to make the user to be able to set privacy of each field with following options:

public
Connections
Co-Workers
Friends

Basically user to adjust which information can be seen by who?

To do this, I can define a field for each specific field, say privacy_phone with multi-select where user can select for instane if public or connections (even connection types) can see his/her phone number. This will be selected in the Profiel Edit Page.

Now on the profile page, I will have something like

{SHOW_IF privacy_phone=connections} AAAAAA {/SHOW_IF}

Instead of AAAAA I am looking for a CB code which checks if visitor is users connection or even co-worker type connection and then displays the field (phone in this case).

Any code suggestion would be great help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174191 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Connection type conditional html code
We're not the developers of CB Profile Pro. Please contact the developers of your extension for support. We do not provide support for other developers products.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #174211 by amir00251
Replied by amir00251 on topic Re: Connection type conditional html code
I think I made a mistake to explain the details.

I do not require any help with Profile Pro side of what I want to do, I need information on the CB side...

I have seen in all forums that you provide some codes to users for specific type of tasks that they want to perform. It is a one line code.

My question is that I am looking for a code that has condition of Connections Type in CB

Something like IF visitor's connection type is A then B

I dont want to know A or B, I just one that conditional code. Hope this is clear.

12 years 8 months ago #174217 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Connection type conditional html code
There is no conditional code for types. It's not stored in a field so you've no means to obtain a viewing users type based on the displayed users profile. You could try using CB Query Field and substitutions to get the viewing users type based off the displayed users type, but no guarantee this would work; you'd then use the results of the query field in your IF substitution. The above conditions are not in CBs substitution format however, but likely Profile Pros, which again we can not help with.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #174306 by amir00251
Replied by amir00251 on topic Re: Connection type conditional html code
Thanks for your reply. It would be really good if in CB Privacy, connection types could also be added.

12 years 8 months ago #174310 by nant

amir00251 wrote: Thanks for your reply. It would be really good if in CB Privacy, connection types could also be added.

Is this not the case?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn