[SOLVED] Approval mail still send to user

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174185 by MJBruno
Dear all,

I searched the forum for a while, but couldn't find a solution..
It may be very simple, but I just can't find the right parameter to solve this problem.

As you can see in the attachment, my website requires an email confirmation, but does not require an admin approval. However, the new user receives two e-mails.
The following e-mail is send to a new user automatically together with the correct confirmation mail:

Subject: - EAGE Membership - Approved

Dear,\
dsgsddsg
dsgdsg
sdgsdgdsg

NOTE: This email was automatically generated from

It is very clear that once I should have written this strange text myself, but I do not have a clue where I should have written it.
Under the 'Moderation' tab, I also have set the 'Moderator Approve Users' parameter to no.
The administrator does not receive an approval mail, only the new user.

What could be the conflicting problem?

I checked the default_language.php, english.php, language.php and cbpaidsubscirptions.css files for this e-mail without any result.

In the CB 1.7. manual you can find the Workflow Require confirmation (only) in chapter 3.2.2. This is how I want CB to work. I am also using CBSubs.

Thanking you all in advance!
Carlo

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174197 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Approval mail still send to user
Is the user registering with a subscription? Please check your CBSubs plans and ensure you're not sending an email from the Presentation tab or the CBSubs Emails integration. Welcome and Pending email always send if they are configured with a subject and body within CB > Configuration > Registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #174302 by MJBruno
Replied by MJBruno on topic Re: Approval mail still send to user

krileon wrote: Is the user registering with a subscription?

Yes, there are two paid plans and no free plans.

krileon wrote: Please check your CBSubs plans and ensure you're not sending an email from the Presentation tab or the CBSubs Emails integration.

Checked the Presentations Tab and the CB Subs e-mail plugin, but all the fields are blank.

krileon wrote: Welcome and Pending email always send if they are configured with a subject and body within CB > Configuration > Registration.

Yes, I understand. The welcome e-mail completely works. The new member also receives the correct Pending Approval mail (confirmation link). However, there is still a third e-mail (the one I quoted in the first post) send.

Please see the attachment for a visual explanation.

Thanks for the support!

Attachments:

12 years 8 months ago #174337 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Approval mail still send to user
Are you using Joomla 1.6 or Joomla 1.7? As both send a Welcome email from Joomla it self that is impossible to disable.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2266

The above only affects backend though. I've no idea where your other email is coming from. Please check if you're using incubator project CB Emails to send emails maybe or if you've UddeIM installed and configured to send some sort of notification. Please also check if CB Welcome is installed as it too can send a welcome message.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174448 by MJBruno
Replied by MJBruno on topic Re: Approval mail still send to user
Problem solved!
Under the Workflows Tab in CBsubs, I selected no (override cb) when choosing an option for user approval by moderator.

Thanks Krileon for your time. The extension(s) and the support of you guys are excellent!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn