Auto group creation and joining in GroupJive

12 years 8 months ago #174462 by donaldbane
I may just need a link to the relavent documentation for this.

I want people to automatically be assigned to a group depending on their house number and post code they provided when registering.

For example if someone lives at 66 orchard Brae, EH10 7AS, then I want them to be assigned to a group called 66EH107AS if such a group has already been created.

If it has not been created, I would like a group called 66EH106AS to be automatically created. This is what I have input

Published:yes
Triggers:onAfrerUserRegistration
Access:CmsACL registered
Conditional empty/empty
Auto:newgroup
Catagory:AllAdresses
GroupNmae: [cb_housenumber][cb_postcode]
GroupDescription: members living at [postcode]
GroupType:open
groupunique:disable
autojoin:enable
exclude:empty.

And yet when someone registers, they are not being either allocated to any group, or new group is being created for them.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174489 by krileon
Please set Access to "everybody". Please also ensure GJ auto integration is public and published within CB > Plugin Management. Once done test if working or not. Please ensure maximum error reporting a debug mode are enabled within Joomla global configuration during your tests to ensure no fatal error is occurring. Please also note you must be using CB registration process for that trigger to fire. That trigger is also frontend specific and does not function on backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn