Customize Cb content

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #174577 by fkang
Customize Cb content was created by fkang
Hi,

I am trying to use the CB content module because it might fit my needs. but here is differents things I need to figure out :

1/ Is there a way to clearly add as menu items the link "Manage your connections" ?

2/ When it is linked to the CB Menu, CB content display some link i dont need. Can I select only one of them without hacking to code?

3/ Does an CB content API exist ? To set up paramaters from the backend.

Thanks for your help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #174612 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Customize Cb content

1/ Is there a way to clearly add as menu items the link "Manage your connections" ?

No, it's impossible to add new links other then through the PHP API.

2/ When it is linked to the CB Menu, CB content display some link i dont need. Can I select only one of them without hacking to code?

No, menu items can't be removed unless you use for example CSS to hide them. Can't advise you on core hacks because as soon as you make one you void your support and we can no longer help you.

Don't understand the question. Believe you perhaps are misunderstanding the modules purpose. It allows you to supply substitutions to render inside of the module and allows you to add CSS or JS to headers, but beyond that it doesn't do anything else.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #174636 by fkang
Replied by fkang on topic Re: Customize Cb content

krileon wrote:

No, menu items can't be removed unless you use for example CSS to hide them. Can't advise you on core hacks because as soon as you make one you void your support and we can no longer help you.

Oh I assumed that links had the same or no class. But looking at the code, I can customize every single link separatly ;)

krileon wrote:

Don't understand the question. Believe you perhaps are misunderstanding the modules purpose. It allows you to supply substitutions to render inside of the module and allows you to add CSS or JS to headers, but beyond that it doesn't do anything else.

I am asking because the example shows that to show a cb menu through that module, I need to add something like [cb:usertab tab="17" user="#displayedOrMe" /].
But what exactly means different parameters ? and what are the different possible parameters and the meaning ?

That's why I was asking for an API/library like.

12 years 7 months ago #174720 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Customize Cb content

I am asking because the example shows that to show a cb menu through that module, I need to add something like [cb:usertab tab="17" user="#displayedOrMe" /].
But what exactly means different parameters ? and what are the different possible parameters and the meaning ?

Please see the below tutorials.

Substitution Usage:
www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Substituting Tabs as Fields:
www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/236-substituting-tabs-into-fields

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds