Check for Duplicate field data at registration

12 years 7 months ago #174664 by brendanc
Hi,
The CB registration is clever enough to check for duplicate user information for emails and usernames.
However I want to add this type of check for a different field (Phone Number).
We are gathering phone information for when we want to contact our members... however we do not want duplicate phone numbers collected. This is to stop our users registering numbers of others' behalf without their consent.

Is there a plugin (or Incubator project) that can allow for duplicate checking on non-system fields?

Thanks,

Brendan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #174723 by krileon

Is there a plugin (or Incubator project) that can allow for duplicate checking on non-system fields?

Incubator project, no. Plugin, possibly. I recommend checking Joomla.org extension directory or our directory below. You'd need a new fieldtype plugin designed to utilize the ajax field checking API.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directory

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn