[SOLVED] Apparent Joomla login/CB login crossover

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #174950 by acymru
I have a link to content that is set for Access Level > Registered. When I click that link, I get the Joomla restriction notice and login form, rather than CB. I can be logged in via CB, but the content remains restricted. First time setting up a CB site, so I'm sure I've just missed something.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174953 by acymru
I'm sorry, never mind. I found the Disable Core Registration plugin that fixed it. Would there have been another way to accomplish this?

12 years 8 months ago #174976 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Apparent Joomla login/CB login crossover

Would there have been another way to accomplish this?

Nope, this is how you would redirect a user from Joomla systems to CBs. Disabling however you don't need a plugin. You'd simply disable Joomla registration within Joomla global configuration (user parameters for J1.6/J1.7) and delete all the Joomla login modules.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #175077 by dacker

krileon wrote:

Would there have been another way to accomplish this?

Nope, this is how you would redirect a user from Joomla systems to CBs. Disabling however you don't need a plugin. You'd simply disable Joomla registration within Joomla global configuration (user parameters for J1.6/J1.7) and delete all the Joomla login modules.

Where do I find this option? I just loooked in a Joomla 1.7 Global configuration and I don't see it.

12 years 7 months ago #175172 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Apparent Joomla login/CB login crossover

Where do I find this option? I just loooked in a Joomla 1.7 Global configuration and I don't see it.

Please see the below path to user parameters in J1.6/J1.7.

Joomla Backend > Users > User Manager > Options

Once to the above location you'd set "Allow User Registration" to "No".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #175203 by dacker
I delete the mod_login directory (too chicken to actually delete it out out Joomla) but I still get redirected to the Joomla Login instead of the CB Login in JEvents.

Is there a way to override the Core Login for J1.7 as I don't see a plugin for that.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn