[SOLVED] Apparent Joomla login/CB login crossover

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #175206 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Apparent Joomla login/CB login crossover

This turns off my users able to register which isn't what I am looking for.

You need to disable registration through Joomla. Once done you need to configure within CB > Configuration > Registration for CBs registration to be independent of Joomlas. This closes a backdoor and helps prevent some spam registrations.

I need to display the CB Login page instead of the Joomla login page.

You need a Joomla system plugin to redirect for you. You can find these at Joomla.org extension directory. Actually you should be able to use Joomla 1.6/1.7 built in redirect component found in Components > Redirect. Example as follows (this is just an example, adjust as necessary).

Source (should be SEFed):
index.php/login

Destination (should NOT be SEFed):
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login

It's also possible to use an htaccess 301 (permanently moved) redirect such as the following.

Redirect 301 index.php?option=com_users&task=login index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176749 by dacker

12 years 7 months ago #176813 by krileon
Sorry, not much more I can advise. My previous post is the only tricks currently available to do this. Am not aware of a new "disable core registration" type plugin as found for J1.0 and J1.5.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176933 by dacker
I'm using an extension called ReDJ and it seems to work ... somewhat ..

I am able to take:
http://t1631.org/index.php?option=com_users&view=login&return=aHR0cDovL3QxNjMxLm9yZy9pbmRleC5waHA/b3B0aW9uPWNvbV9qZXZlbnRzJnRhc2s9aWNhbHJlcGVhdC5kZXRhaWwmZXZpZD0xMTImSXRlbWlkPTUzNiZ5ZWFyPTIwMTEmbW9udGg9MDkmZGF5PTIzJnRpdGxlPWRhbW9ucy1zZXZlbi1sYWtlcy1jYW1wb3V0JnVpZD1iYTA4OTc1NGFjNWU2NDE1OThiZjFlZjc3MmZkNzZmOQ==

and redirect to:
http://t1631.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login&return=aHR0cDovL3QxNjMxLm9yZy9pbmRleC5waHA/b3B0aW9uPWNvbV9qZXZlbnRzJnRhc2s9aWNhbHJlcGVhdC5kZXRhaWwmZXZpZD0xMTImSXRlbWlkPTUzNiZ5ZWFyPTIwMTEmbW9udGg9MDkmZGF5PTIzJnRpdGxlPWRhbW9ucy1zZXZlbi1sYWtlcy1jYW1wb3V0JnVpZD1iYTA4OTc1NGFjNWU2NDE1OThiZjFlZjc3MmZkNzZmOQ==

I get the CB login screen .. but after a user logs in .. it doesn't take them back to where they were.

The call to the Joomla login does. Is this a feature that CB doesn't support?

I'm not a programmer but it seems there's a onAfterLoginForm triggered just after the login. Is it could be possible to create a simple CB plugin that catches this event, takes the return value from the GET and force redirect to these base 64 encoded page.

12 years 7 months ago #177058 by krileon

The call to the Joomla login does. Is this a feature that CB doesn't support?

CB can return a user to 1 URL back using the &return parameter as seen in the URL, but Joomlas &return parameter is not encoded the same way ours is so it's useless to CB and no need to include it. This feature for CB basically only works when using the login module so it can remember what page the user was on.

I'm not a programmer but it seems there's a onAfterLoginForm triggered just after the login. Is it could be possible to create a simple CB plugin that catches this event, takes the return value from the GET and force redirect to these base 64 encoded page.

Of course, you could develop a new CB plugin to translate the &return and send a user to it. CB normally does this, but it only knows how to translate its own &returns which are not constructed the same as Joomlas. The below tutorial would assist in developing a CB plugin that utilizes CB triggers as well as provide a working example.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/228-event-triggers

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 7 months ago #177075 by dacker
Actually I have all working with a mod_cblogin.php change (found in this forum) and ReDJ as documented here:

www.sistemistica.it/forum/11-redj-in-english/2564-directing-login-to-community-builder.html?limit=10&start=10#2582

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn